Junction view

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
xlnxln

Junction view

Postby xlnxln » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:46 pm

Hi i bought a Garmin 65LMT in Australia, I have downloaded the Garmin (cGPSmapper) mal-sin map onto it.

1) May I know how to activate the Junction view on the GPS? is it activated automatically?

2) Is the "Garmin NT" download section only caters for local set Garmin GPS?

3) what is the use of Mapsource? is it able to allows us to create our own map?

Thank you!

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Junction view

Postby silverbeauty » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:55 am

xlnxln wrote:Hi i bought a Garmin 65LMT in Australia, I have downloaded the Garmin (cGPSmapper) mal-sin map onto it.

1) May I know how to activate the Junction view on the GPS? is it activated automatically?
Junction View is exclusive to "localized" sets sold in Sin-Mal

2) Is the "Garmin NT" download section only caters for local set Garmin GPS?
Yes

3) what is the use of Mapsource? is it able to allows us to create our own map?
MapSource is a Garmin software on a PC / Laptop for viewing maps, waypoints, routes and tracks, and transferring them to or from a Garmin GPS device. MapSource is no longer supported by Garmin, and has been replaced by BaseCamp.

Thank you!

xlnxln

Postby xlnxln » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:32 pm

Thank you for the reply...is it possible that i update the Sg-mal map with the official garmin website and let it overwrites the aus map? will this enable the junction view, as in change the region? or the region code is tied to the hardware?

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:35 pm

xlnxln wrote:Thank you for the reply...is it possible that i update the Sg-mal map with the official garmin website and let it overwrites the aus map? will this enable the junction view, as in change the region? or the region code is tied to the hardware?

Cannot. Firmware controlled

Please Backup your Aussie map. You may need it in future,

xlnxln

Postby xlnxln » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:02 pm

silverbeauty wrote:
xlnxln wrote:Thank you for the reply...is it possible that i update the Sg-mal map with the official garmin website and let it overwrites the aus map? will this enable the junction view, as in change the region? or the region code is tied to the hardware?

Cannot. Firmware controlled

Please Backup your Aussie map. You may need it in future,

May i know the original aussie map is on which path? there is only one .xml file inside the Garmin folder? couldn't find any .img file?

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Postby moeyhc » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:40 pm

It should be in the .system hidden folder. You have to enable show hidden folder option to see in Windows Explorer.

The map is either one of these gmapprom.img, gmapprom1.img or gmapsupp.img. You need Gmaptool to view the mapset name. If you don't have it back up all 3 maps and rename two of the maps by adding a X in the front of the filename and turn on the GPS to see what map is still running. Do the same for the next map... :mrgreen:

If you have a Hex Editor open the map file and the mapset name can be found at Hex00000040-0000006F :shock:

Hope this helps...cheers!
Common Sense Is Not Common.

nadialee88

Postby nadialee88 » Fri May 08, 2015 3:02 pm

Any body know how to update Honda Accord 2015 Gps???

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Postby moeyhc » Fri May 08, 2015 5:01 pm

I'm sure someone here will know. May I know what GPS navigation software is used on the Accord? The map should be stored in a SD Card. If you can find it you can take a look inside to see what Map format is used and then let us know.

P/S: Maps are usually store in a folder named Map.... :mrgreen: For Garmin navigation look for file extension name .img

Hope this helps.
Common Sense Is Not Common.

Return to “Newbie Lounge”