Toyota Corolla Altis 2014 Map Update

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
Fried_Egg

Toyota Corolla Altis 2014 Map Update

Postby Fried_Egg » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:47 am

Hi,

Anyone know how to update the map for Toyota Corolla Altis 2014 built-in Garmin GPS unit?
The guy from Toyota told me it is using Malfree/MalSing map for the updating.

Please kindly advise me if you know the way. Thank you.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Toyota Corolla Altis 2014 Map Update

Postby silverbeauty » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:18 pm

Fried_Egg wrote:Hi,

Anyone know how to update the map for Toyota Corolla Altis 2014 built-in Garmin GPS unit?
The guy from Toyota told me it is using Malfree/MalSing map for the updating.

Please kindly advise me if you know the way. Thank you.

If it is a Panasonic Set, then map is stored in the SD card

Remove SD card and in sub folder /garmin replace the gmapsupp.img with the one from MfM

bperumal

Postby bperumal » Mon May 04, 2015 12:22 pm

HI, Silver Beauty,

I face the same problem.
I think there is some kind of code in the original SD card.
I made a copy of the original SD card without updating the map and loaded that SD card into the GPS. Even that does not work.
I am not keen to override the map in the original SD card.

The map in the GPS is a "OEM CN SGMY NT 2015"
Any ideas?

BP

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Postby moeyhc » Mon May 04, 2015 2:06 pm

The Garmin map is locked to the SD card ID. It will not work if you use another SD Card.What you can do is to backup the content of the Original SD card. Once done you can update and overwrite the files. If for any reason you want to revert back to the Original state you can use your backup copy and copy over.

Hope this helps... Cheers!
Common Sense Is Not Common.

Fried_Egg

Postby Fried_Egg » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:23 pm

Anyone has tried on updating the map successfully on Altis 2014? Recently sent my car for servicing, they mentioned updating the map needs to pay as it is locked to the sd card id. Think they are trying to earn extra cash.

hoojh1800
Location: Singapore:Panasonic-Garmin DVD AVN, Shinco GM4300(dustbin)

Postby hoojh1800 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:33 pm

The Garmin Map appears to be that of the Garmin City Navigator Map. To update it you would have to go the Toyota dealer to update it. According to the staff at the Toyota Leng Kee, I was only allowed to exchange the existing SD card for one with an updated map at no cost ONCE. Future updates of the map requires a charge of 168 w/o GST. I am now using malfreemaps on my Panasonic DVD-AVN as despite the Garmin Map offering traffic via TMC, the Malfreemaps offers a better overall map experience and more POIs than that of Garmins map. If you wish to unlock the official Garmin Map for use on other SD cards, there is a program available that unlocks the map for use on other SD cards. However I would not be posting the link here as I am unsure if that would break rule 6 of the MfM forums.

moeyhc
Valued Contributor

Postby moeyhc » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:30 pm

Ahhhh..... Commercial greed has taken over the GPS industries here...

If you guys are in Penang we can organized a session/GG to update your map and I don't mind writing the procedure to do so and post it here. I don't have a Toyota to work on... :mrgreen:

:rox:

hoojh1800

Postby hoojh1800 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:31 am

I could make a guide on how to update the map for Toyota Corolla Altis but I would have to resolve the postal code issue first. I am unable to get the postal code search for MfM-Garmin 2015.10 version however wasn't able to get MfM 151123 version working on the Altis. Would post the guide in this forum once I am able to get 151123 working. The pain of having the Pansonic DVD-AVN is that you cannot change maps and have to switch the SD card by tilting the screen everytime you wanted to change maps, potentially shortening the lifetime of the tilt mechanism.

moeyhc
Valued Contributor

Postby moeyhc » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:19 am

Thanks Bro for the offer :tq:

Appreciate you kindness to help here very much.

:thumbsup: :rox: :thumbsup:

hoojh1800

Postby hoojh1800 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:23 am

Although to update the Toyota Corolla Altis to Garmin NT maps, to ''unlock" the map, it requires a program called Deleted. However I would not be posting the link to Deleted due to it potentially breaking rule 6 of the forum rules:6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content. That would be easy to find in google. I should be able to finish the guide to update the Garmin map by tomorrow as it is fairly easy as all you would have to do is just replace the maps in the SD Card however it would be preferable to have a separate SD Card.
Note that I would only be posting the guide to update using the direct links that can be found under Garmin NT as I am unable to get the postal code function working on the newest map posted OngCC.

Return to “Newbie Lounge”