Willing to pay, please instal map on my Nuvi

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
ahmednalla

Willing to pay, please instal map on my Nuvi

Postby ahmednalla » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:43 am

The title says it all, really, I've installed Base Camp, then Mapsource, but cannot seem to get the map opned on Mapsource, so I cannot transfer to my Nuvi 1490. I'm in JB, and working in Singapore, whatsapp me +60187690183 or respond here if you can instal for me, I will go to you, wait, you instal, I pay, and I can have my GPS working. (Bought in UK when I was there on course last year).

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Re: Willing to pay, please instal map on my Nuvi

Postby moeyhc » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:15 pm

Bro,

Installing maps into Mapsource is easy. Assuming your Mapsource is loaded correctly you just need to download our weekly released Map to install into Mapsource.

Note: Only our weekly released Map can be installed in Mapsource.

When you are done and all working... please email a Kopi "O" over... just kidding... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Common Sense Is Not Common.

ahmednalla

Postby ahmednalla » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:49 pm

I installed mapsource, dowloaded the 151106 map, but mapsource says it cannot open the map

tympg
Senior Mapper

Postby tympg » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:03 pm

ahmednalla wrote:I installed mapsource, dowloaded the 151106 map, but mapsource says it cannot open the map

Did you run the MFM-Garmin-151109.exe file after downloading?

Please read this thread in the Library section on how to install the map in MapSource/BaseCamp.
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

ahmednalla

Postby ahmednalla » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:41 pm

I ran the exe, it created Garmin/malfreemaps/gmapsupp
Mapsource , File,Open, cannot open gmapsupp. so how to transfer? I followed all the steps in the site's instructions

ahmednalla

Postby ahmednalla » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:39 pm

Folks, solved! The instructions did not say to use Mapsource > Utilities > Manage Map Products, which is what needed to be done to see the map in Mapsource before selecting and transferring to device. I tries File > Open > C:\Garmin\Malfreemaps\gmapsupp.img and that is where I went wrong.
Now my SatNav is up and running, and I wanna thank everyone for your help.

Return to “Newbie Lounge”