Need seniors help with updates ,Please

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
andrewpaul

Need seniors help with updates ,Please

Postby andrewpaul » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:13 am

Hi all ,Sorry but I need some expertise help .

I have currently a Kenwood DNX7310BT (yeah I know it's an old model,it came with the car I bought).I can get the Garmin update for the set ,but it doesn't have junction view which I have one of the most useful things to have .
Can anyone please help me ? to let me know if its possible to have it added? as I understand it in my old nevi set you have to have more than just one map selected and at present there is only 1 which is CN SGMY NT2014.20-Here. This i can get the update for if I buy the sd card from a local dealer but my issue is they can't even help me with Junction view .

Please please Help.
Thanks

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Re: Need seniors help with updates ,Please

Postby moeyhc » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:14 pm

The ability to display JCV is the function of the set. If it does not support JCV then you won't be able see it. To confirm, goto your navigation folder and look for the JCV folder. In the Nuvi it is inside the hidden .System folder. You have to figure how to get access into the .System folder.

If you don't find the JCV folder then your set does not support JCV. If yes, copy the HERE map JCV file into this folder and you are good to go.

Hope this helps.
Common Sense Is Not Common.

andrewpaul

Postby andrewpaul » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:35 pm

HI bro ...Many thanks first and foremost for your reply ....it's most appreciated.

Yes according to the specs the set allows for JCV ...I'm guessing it's just an issue that Kenwood and Garmin didn't work out to provide to the end users here in Singapore.So if I read you correctly .

1.I buy the latest updated CN SGMY NT map,which is provided on a SD card
2.I download the JCV map as you mentioned onto the same SD card.
3.I make the selection of the maps I want to use just like a normal Garmin Nuvi set.
4.and hopefully Viola ~`

Does that sound about right ?

I guess my main concern was which map my set could support seeing that there seem to be different versions or are they generic?
May I ask for the link to the latest map/JCV for Singapore/MY.

Sorry if I'm asking anything that seems remotely like primary 1 maths here .

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Postby moeyhc » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:41 pm

The JCV for MfM, HERE and MsM map from Garmin are locked to units sold by the local agent. Hence, you should check if your set can display the local map JCV before you buy. Ask the seller to install and verify it to be good before buying. The JCV map must resides in the SD card JCV folder.

Good luck!
Common Sense Is Not Common.

Return to “Newbie Lounge”