Mapsource Not recognising the latest Malfree map updates

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
mawilli

Mapsource Not recognising the latest Malfree map updates

Postby mawilli » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:05 pm

I have just installed the latest version of Mapsource on my Laptop since my desktop has crashed.

I have downloaded the latest MalfreeMap 160627.

But when I try to open the map in Mapsource a window opens saying this is not a valid Mapsource file and cannot be opened.

I have not seen this before.

Can anyone help me to open the map file please??
Thanks

tlchuan
Polygon Mapper
Location: Subang Jaya (x10 & Oregon 300)Garmin 255w sgmy, 2575RLM, Wayway 5035

Re: Mapsource Not recognising the latest Malfree map updates

Postby tlchuan » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:14 pm

how do you do it if can tell us step by step will help us understand what happen

Sent from my HM NOTE 1LTE using Tapatalk

mawilli

Postby mawilli » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:55 am

I have downloaded the Malfreemap 160627 and extracted the files to C:/Garmin/Malfreemaps folder. They are mostly Disc image files.

I open up Mapsource and try to follow the instructions regarding installation (given by Malfreemaps).

However the Map Tool icon is greyed out (I assume it is because there is no map installed. Your illustration shows it to be black and there is a window showing the map being installed. There is no reference to a map on mine.)

I open file and click on OPEN.

I choose the application file in the C:/Garmin/Malfreemaps and enter.

A window comes up saying it is not a valid Mapsource file and cannot be opened.

All the files in the folder get the same response so I don't know what I am supposed to be opening in Mapsource.

I am obviously missing something somewhere but I don't know what. I didn't have this trouble when setting up on my desktop.

aikliang
Contributor

Postby aikliang » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:36 pm

did you change the product - refer to picture..

01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It is not the mountain that we conquer but ourselves - Edmund Hilary

mawilli

Postby mawilli » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:56 pm

Initially there was only 'NO Map' on the switch to Product page.

However I found that my laptop has saved the Mapsource file to C:/program files (x86)/Garmin but filed the Malfreemaps in C:/program files/ garmin/malfreemaps.

Now they are all in the same folder and the Mapsource has picked up the latest map and I am now able to use it.

I thank you for your patience and help.

Return to “Newbie Lounge”