Datum Setting.

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
zafraynn

Datum Setting.

Postby zafraynn » Tue May 12, 2009 10:27 pm

Which Datum setting do I select on my GPS unit for Malaysia ? #-o WGS72 or WGS84 ? Has the datum settings got anything to do with the time settings on my GPS unit? Which datum setting do I select for Australia or US ? :-? Thanks.

fancheng
Senior Mapper

Re: Datum Setting.

Postby fancheng » Wed May 13, 2009 9:45 am

zafraynn wrote:Which Datum setting do I select on my GPS unit for Malaysia ? #-o WGS72 or WGS84 ? Has the datum settings got anything to do with the time settings on my GPS unit? Which datum setting do I select for Australia or US ? :-? Thanks.

If not mistaken, all Garmin GPS Device using WGS84.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Wed May 13, 2009 9:58 am

Time is determined you GPS but not Time Zone. You need to dig into your menu and manually change the time zone. :thumbsup:

zafraynn

Postby zafraynn » Wed May 13, 2009 4:34 pm

silverbeauty wrote:Time is determined you GPS but not Time Zone. You need to dig into your menu and manually change the time zone. :thumbsup:

Already did that. But the time will still change to Malaysian time zone when lock on to satellite. :frus:

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Wed May 13, 2009 5:51 pm

Then I suggest you check your GPS. Something may be wrong to "reset" the time zone. Never happen with the various GPS models I have had .... Once set is done until changed manually.

cruiser
Location: NL - Nuvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T, 650, 4980 & TTom GO 910 + 950 Live, GO 6000

Postby cruiser » Wed May 13, 2009 7:25 pm

zafraynn wrote:
Already did that. But the time will still change to Malaysian time zone when lock on to satellite. :frus:

If still unsuccessfull, why not head back to the shop and let them figure out for you and you can monitor it as they correct your settings B4 you?
Image ~ Cruiser ~

Return to “Newbie Lounge”