The official newbie's "Hello" topic

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
dvpro

Re: The official newbie's "Hello" topic

Postby dvpro » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:10 pm

A warm :welcome: to all newbies, if you happen to be free tomorrow night, you are welcome to join us at Mini KL-Selangor GG + mobile mapping clinic 29th Jan 2010.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

fanblade

Postby fanblade » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:56 am

hi , newbie reporting ..............

saujanacom
Polygon Mapper

Postby saujanacom » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:53 am

fanblade wrote:hi , newbie reporting ..............

Welcome to MFM
:welcome: :welcome:
9W2ICT - SCORE - 9M4RSC (146.600)

SushiMonster

Postby SushiMonster » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:29 am

hello I'm new, looking to get a gps soon... but there's so many kinda pening right now :ko: hope sifu2 sekalian here can help. :tq:

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:47 am

SushiMonster wrote:hello I'm new, looking to get a gps soon... but there's so many kinda pening right now :ko: hope sifu2 sekalian here can help. :tq:

You can read this on the comparison..
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=107
or this.. >
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5846
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:44 am

SushiMonster wrote:hello I'm new, looking to get a gps soon... but there's so many kinda pening right now :ko: hope sifu2 sekalian here can help. :tq:

Hi SushiMonster, if you are in Klang Valley area, you might want to come and join us tonight at Mini KL-Selangor GG + mobile mapping clinic 29th Jan 2010. There will be many members there that can lend you a tip or 2 when deciding on which GPS receiver to purchase.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

SushiMonster

Postby SushiMonster » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:07 pm

dvpro wrote:

Hi SushiMonster, if you are in Klang Valley area, you might want to come and join us tonight at Mini KL-Selangor GG + mobile mapping clinic 29th Jan 2010. There will be many members there that can lend you a tip or 2 when deciding on which GPS receiver to purchase.

thanks for the invite, but I'm in Penang.... I did use a garmin 255 and a garmin 205 before, people lent to me. I found they are kinda small and no JV is a problem for me when comes to 'maggi mee' junctions in KL :frus: :ko:

I'm kind of attracted to papago coz the mfm JV works on it ... currently inclined towards papago....

Jali-jali

Postby Jali-jali » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:48 pm

Hi everyone, just registered and just bought Cap Ayam GPS.

alharis299
Champion Polygon Mapper
Champion Polygon Mapper

Postby alharis299 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:15 pm

Jali-jali wrote:Hi everyone, just registered and just bought Cap Ayam GPS.

Bro Jali-jali :welcome: to MFM

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:42 pm

SushiMonster wrote:
dvpro wrote:

thanks for the invite, but I'm in Penang.... I did use a garmin 255 and a garmin 205 before, people lent to me. I found they are kinda small and no JV is a problem for me when comes to 'maggi mee' junctions in KL :frus: :ko:

I'm kind of attracted to papago coz the mfm JV works on it ... currently inclined towards papago....

Then join us in Penang GG >> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6629
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

Return to “Newbie Lounge”