Famous KL's land marks were not in the map

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
mohdks

Famous KL's land marks were not in the map

Postby mohdks » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:05 pm

May I know why Kuala Lumpur Lake Gardens (Taman Tasik Perdana), national science center, KL orchid garden, KL bird park, national zoo were not in my Nuvi 205. I used V091123 map? These are famous place in KL. Pls advise...
Last edited by mohdks on Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

drsec
Location: Subang Jaya, (Nuvi255W, GMXT on HTC HD2 & Diamond, Nuvi360, Navman F20, PaPaGo X5 on WM6.5)

Re: Famous KL's land marks were not in the map

Postby drsec » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:02 pm

mohdks wrote:May I know why Kuala Lumpur Lake Gardens (Taman Tasik Perdana), national science center, KL orchid garden, KL bird park, national zoo were not in my Nuvi 205. I used V091123 map? These arePls advise...

Bro, I manage to find Zoo Negara, National Science Centre, Bird Park, Orchid Garden, Taman Perdana using the POI search on my 255. They are all there.
Last edited by drsec on Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

mohdks

Postby mohdks » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:08 am

then how come all the locations that i mentioned above were not in the POI? or is it because of i stay in northern region only i reach KL only i can find the place that i want? pls advise...

drsec
Location: Subang Jaya, (Nuvi255W, GMXT on HTC HD2 & Diamond, Nuvi360, Navman F20, PaPaGo X5 on WM6.5)

Postby drsec » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:25 am

mohdks wrote:then how come all the locations that i mentioned above were not in the POI? or is it because of i stay in northern region only i reach KL only i can find the place that i want? pls advise...

First and foremost, lets samakan map anda dengan versi map saya. Download the latest (091130) and install it.

Second, try the search for the POI using the names I posted, kerana nama is important to the search.

Thirdly, since you are in the north, the system will search for the POIs starting from the nearest location first. So a POI located 300km will take a bit of time. Kena sabar sikit. Even on mine, it takes a bit of time for the second page to appear. Only conclude that there is no POI when the device shows the message "NONE FOUND".

Your location does not determine whether the search for POIs will work or not. The further the POI, the longer it will take to find it.

Cuba-lah.
Salam
Last edited by drsec on Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:45 am

I had made some updates to the POI names. Yet, it is still necessary to learn the best way to search for POIs. This is because the POI name may not be exactly as you expected. For example, our POI was named "National Science Centre" not "National Science Center"

drsec

Postby drsec » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:32 am

antyong wrote:I had made some updates to the POI names. Yet, it is still necessary to learn the best way to search for POIs. This is because the POI name may not be exactly as you expected. For example, our POI was named "National Science Centre" not "National Science Center"

Yeah, force of habit. I corrected my post from Centre to Center.

The following are the names for the KL's landmark in MFM:

national zoo - Zoo Negara
national science center - National Science Centre
KL bird park - Bird Park
KL orchid garden - Orchid Garden
Kuala Lumpur Lake Gardens (Taman Tasik Perdana) - Taman Perdana

With a little bit of patience and preserverence, they can be found.

drsec

Postby drsec » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:44 am

antyong wrote:I had made some updates to the POI names. Yet, it is still necessary to learn the best way to search for POIs. This is because the POI name may not be exactly as you expected. For example, our POI was named "National Science Centre" not "National Science Center"

Bro Antyong has changed the names for the KL's landmark in the latest release of MFM (091207), as follows:

KL bird park - Kl Bird Park
KL orchid garden - Kl Orchid Garden
Kuala Lumpur Lake Gardens (Taman Tasik Perdana) - Taman Tasik Perdana (Lake Gardens)

The following remains unchanged:

Cheers

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:47 am

drsec wrote:

Yeah, force of habit. I corrected my post from Centre to Center.

The following are the names for the KL's landmark in MFM:

KL bird park - Bird Park
KL orchid garden - Orchid Garden
Kuala Lumpur Lake Gardens (Taman Tasik Perdana) - Taman Perdana

With a little bit of patience and preserverence, they can be found.

Like to add, newbies have to be "resourceful" and not give up so easily .... :thumbsup:

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:07 pm

drsec wrote:Thirdly, since you are in the north, the system will search for the POIs starting from the nearest location first. So a POI located 300km will take a bit of time. Kena sabar sikit. Even on mine, it takes a bit of time for the second page to appear. Only conclude that there is no POI when the device shows the message "NONE FOUND".

A good tip is to use "Near" option, so that searches will start from a specified location rather than current or last GPS location, ie. another city, etc.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

drsec

Postby drsec » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:29 pm

dvpro wrote:
drsec wrote:Thirdly, since you are in the north, the system will search for the POIs starting from the nearest location first. So a POI located 300km will take a bit of time. Kena sabar sikit. Even on mine, it takes a bit of time for the second page to appear. Only conclude that there is no POI when the device shows the message "NONE FOUND".

A good tip is to use "Near" option, so that searches will start from a specified location rather than current or last GPS location, ie. another city, etc.

Forgot about that.

I just loaded the Europe map to plan a road trip for my Christmas Holidays and had to put in the city into the "near" function to get fastest result when searching for POIs.

Return to “Newbie Lounge”