How to search more effectively?

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
255w
Contributor

How to search more effectively?

Postby 255w » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:06 pm

Trying to find the coordinates for the following shop but Mapsource just point the street... Anyone can share his expertise on how to search more effectively?

Kedai Makanan & Minuman Wantan Mee - 40, Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock (Heeren St.).

dvpro

Re: How to search more effectively?

Postby dvpro » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:41 pm

Since MFM premise numbering is not up yet for most areas, at the moment you can use http://www.multimap.com or similar sites to look for addresses with premise number. According to MultiMap, the address should be somewhere here: N2.19516 E102.24698
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

255w
Contributor

Postby 255w » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:04 am

Bro dvpro, thanks for the info but I can't seem to find the address using multimap :fire:

Your attached map looks so different from http://www.multimap.com, I even try http://www.multimap.com/world/MY but no luck.

Are you able to provide more details? Thanks.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:40 am

255w wrote:Trying to find the coordinates for the following shop but Mapsource just point the street... Anyone can share his expertise on how to search more effectively?

Kedai Makanan & Minuman Wantan Mee - 40, Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock (Heeren St.).

Kawan, you looking for this

Ah Cheh Wantan Mee, 40, Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock (Heeren Street), 75200 Melaka

Then check out this link for location :

http://superpages.com.my/superhome/popu ... 86620.html

Zoom in on map for exact location.

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:20 pm

silverbeauty wrote:Zoom in on map for exact location.

I believe the depicted location is not quite accurate. According to the map, that puts it near Coconut House Restaurant and Hotel Puri at the 3rd block. The address to search for is at No. 40, while Coconut House is at No. 128 and Hotel Puri, No. 118. On the other hand, Baba Nyonya Heritage Museum which is at the 2nd block is at No. 48 and 50, which puts it nearer to No. 40. This info corresponds with MultiMap which shows this particular block houses Nos. 30 to 94.

255w, when using Multimap (at certain areas and zoom level) you can switch to "Navi & Map" (for the map with premise's numbering). As for searching for locations, I use main towns as the keywords and work my way around with browsing and zooming in.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

255w
Contributor

Postby 255w » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:23 am

dvpro wrote:255w, when using Multimap (at certain areas and zoom level) you can switch to "Navi & Map" (for the map with premise's numbering). As for searching for locations, I use main towns as the keywords and work my way around with browsing and zooming in.

Got it, thanks :thumbsup:

Return to “Newbie Lounge”