Using GPS in Genting? Any problems?

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
ahnah

Re: Using GPS in Genting? Any problems?

Postby ahnah » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:13 pm

Here is the routing. Any feedback n care to modify it to make it better routing ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Garmin Nuvi 765 TWN, software ver 2.50
Garmin Mapsource 6.13.7

ahnah

Postby ahnah » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:43 pm

Just added the routing from Sengkang Shell to Genting Hotel Resort .. any feedback ?
Garmin Mapsource 6.13.7

simonysc

Postby simonysc » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:46 pm

No problem with my Nuvi 350 or Nuvi 760. All the way from Ipoh to Genting First World Resort. Lucky me i've got MFM map installed. I'm staying at Genting Permai Park & Resort and it's quite a distance to the top. At midnight when I was going back to my apartment from Genting, the fog was so heavy that visibility is only about 8 feet with headlamp on. With the GPS you know the road in front of you. Driving very slowly and managed to get back to the apartment safely. Lucky MFM maps didn't play a prank to lead you to the drain or ravine.

ahnah

Postby ahnah » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:48 pm

simonysc wrote:No problem with my Nuvi 350 or Nuvi 760. All the way from Ipoh to Genting First World Resort. Lucky me i've got MFM map installed. I'm staying at Genting Permai Park & Resort and it's quite a distance to the top. At midnight when I was going back to my apartment from Genting, the fog was so heavy that visibility is only about 8 feet with headlamp on. With the GPS you know the road in front of you. Driving very slowly and managed to get back to the apartment safely. Lucky MFM maps didn't play a prank to lead you to the drain or ravine.

does the fog disturb the GPS accuracy ?
Garmin Mapsource 6.13.7

simonysc

Postby simonysc » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:51 pm

Not at all, satellite signal full bar all the time at outdoor even during heavy fog.

ahnah

Postby ahnah » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:33 pm

Here is a new routing .

pls take a look.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Garmin Mapsource 6.13.7

imantulen

Postby imantulen » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:58 pm

i had a problem last dec. :thumbsdown:

it was very foggy on my way up & i actually got lost following the gps instructions.... maybe the signals somehow went crosswired....... :ko:

used to think it was VERY accurate, esp on downhill run, where the precise location of corners was "essential" on low-visibility days.....nah, though it helps, but still better be careful.... nothings beats following the Genting taxis & buses - they seems to have infrared eyes & sonar ears.... :-'

vash_h

Postby vash_h » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:57 am

but better get a car charger.. most likely ur phone batt will kong..
<-My Blog: HaroldChia.com->
<-MFM MAPS + Garmin Nuvi 50LM + Papago Z1 + Garmin Nuvi 205w + Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 ->

Return to “Newbie Lounge”