Singapore Expressways Ramp Exit Numbers

Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Singapore. Mapper: OngCC

Moderators: Chuah, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our maps
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
colalite
Valued Contributor

Re: Singapore Expressways Ramp Exit Numbers

Postby colalite » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:33 pm

bro ccplim,
Can't wait to see your work in the map. Well, done :thumbsup:
Hope bro OngCC gives you the green light soon.
:mrgreen:

ccplim
Valued Contributor

Postby ccplim » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:17 pm

colalite wrote:bro ccplim,
Can't wait to see your work in the map. Well, done :thumbsup:
Hope bro OngCC gives you the green light soon.
:mrgreen:

Thanks bro!

Already PMed him for advise just in case he missed this :mrgreen:

indrapr
Valued Contributor

Postby indrapr » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:11 pm

ccplim wrote:Bro indrapr,

Sorry for the late reply on this. Here is the .gdb file of the exits that I have marked out. There isn't much info in the file right now but the following will be the format that I will be using when I submit the file.

Bro ccplim,

Sorry, I just read this message. I have seen the GDB file, and I believe it would be better if the destination of the exit is being included on the name of the exit, e.g. instead of naming the exit ramp as:

AYE Exit 10A

it might be better to name the exit ramp as:

Exit 10A: Clementi Ave 2

I don't think we would need to put the expressway name again on the exit ramps since we're already on that expressway already. However, we can put the expressway name (in abbreviated format, e.g. A.Y.E) and the direction (e.g. Tuas) on the entrance ramps.

Perhaps bro OngCC can help to comment on which format is the best for us to submit the expressway ramp exits and entrances? So that we can together help to submit it.

I have just tried the newly released (Garmin-compiled) MSM NT 2009.3 map and the Singapore expressways exit numbers are already there. So I think it's good if MFM also can catch up on this. :)

Thank you.

indrapr
Valued Contributor

Postby indrapr » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:18 pm

BTW, sorry, I have just checked and on the new MFM v.154a version, seems that some of the exit numbers are already there. :thumbsup:

E.g. these exit ramps along AYE are already named as below:

Exit 10a Clementi Avenue 2 / West Coast Road
Exit 11 Clementi Avenue 6 / West Coast Way / P.I.E.

So I think bro OngCC has already started to add those exit numbers progressively. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ccplim
Valued Contributor

Postby ccplim » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:06 pm

indrapr wrote:BTW, sorry, I have just checked and on the new MFM v.154a version, seems that some of the exit numbers are already there. :thumbsup:

So I think bro OngCC has already started to add those exit numbers progressively. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Spot on!!! :thumbsup:

I have progressively submitted my files to bro OngCC for action since two weeks back and I am now left with three more highways which I will verify by this weekend and submit them by next week :)

Btw, I wonder how the end result looks like on a Nuvi as I don't own any at the moment. :-?

indrapr
Valued Contributor

Postby indrapr » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:42 pm

ccplim wrote:I have progressively submitted my files to bro OngCC for action since two weeks back and I am now left with three more highways which I will verify by this weekend and submit them by next week :)

Many thanks, bro ccplim. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

indrapr
Valued Contributor

Postby indrapr » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:32 am

indrapr wrote:BTW, sorry, I have just checked and on the new MFM v.154a version, seems that some of the exit numbers are already there. :thumbsup:

Hmm... but when I tried to navigate using my GMXT, the exit number didn't appear. Yesterday, when I navigate along AYE (towards Tuas) and when the GPS navigation advised me to take the Clementi Ave 6 exit, only "Clementi Avenue 6" appeared on the screen, the exit number didn't show. I am already using the latest MFM v1.54a version. But when I check on Mapsource, it seems that the exit ramp for Clementi Avenue 6 is already being labeled with the exit number.

If I use the MSM NT 2009.3, when I was about to exit the expressway towards Clementi Ave 6, the GPS navigation was showing the exit number (Exit 11) on the screen.

I'm using Garmin Mobile XT on a Windows-Mobile based PDA phone. Did I miss something, e.g. the exit numbering method on MFM might not be supported by my GMXT?

Thank you.

ccplim
Valued Contributor

Postby ccplim » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:22 pm

indrapr wrote:

Hmm... but when I tried to navigate using my GMXT, the exit number didn't appear. Yesterday, when I navigate along AYE (towards Tuas) and when the GPS navigation advised me to take the Clementi Ave 6 exit, only "Clementi Avenue 6" appeared on the screen, the exit number didn't show. I am already using the latest MFM v1.54a version. But when I check on Mapsource, it seems that the exit ramp for Clementi Avenue 6 is already being labeled with the exit number.

If I use the MSM NT 2009.3, when I was about to exit the expressway towards Clementi Ave 6, the GPS navigation was showing the exit number (Exit 11) on the screen.

I'm using Garmin Mobile XT on a Windows-Mobile based PDA phone. Did I miss something, e.g. the exit numbering method on MFM might not be supported by my GMXT?

Thank you.

I tested routing out of the exits last week using my 60CSx and mobile PC in demo mode (no chance to test on the road yet) and noticed that the voice/text prompt are still showing as "Exit left/right to xxx".

This could be a limitation/restriction with the existing complier that MFM is using vs Garmin's complier. Maybe the mappers can advise more on this?
Last edited by ccplim on Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

colalite
Valued Contributor

Postby colalite » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:50 pm

On my NUVI I see "Exit A.Y.E. Exit 10A" on the screen.
This is because a waypoint is used with its label as above.
However, the speech portion does not read waypoint labels; it will announce the road labels such as "Exit 10a Clementi Avenue 2 ...." which is the label of the ramp off Ayer Rajah Expressway.

I think the waypoint label should be changed to show just "Exit 10A". This is to reduce clutter on the screen when there are several exits on both directions of the expressway.

Just my observation and POV (point of view).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Singapore Map Feedback”