GARMIN 50LM - ERP COST SAVING FEATURE NOT WORKING AND ROUTE

Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Singapore. Mapper: OngCC

Moderators: Chuah, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our maps
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
teoweeyong

GARMIN 50LM - ERP COST SAVING FEATURE NOT WORKING AND ROUTE

Postby teoweeyong » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:34 pm

Dear Sifu/Lao Jiao/ Mapper,

Been having a problem. Just bought a new Garmin (Garmin 50LM), the routing and ERP feature seems not to be working for me. Below is the issues

Point of Travel : From Kian Teck Crescent to Geylang Lorong 1. (I tried taking PIE for the first time (issue 1) and 2nd time purely following Garmin Direction with ERP costing saving (issue 2))

Issue 1

Garmin Routing 1

Theortically,

the routing shall be PIE all the way then exit SIMS Ave exit... Apparently the Garmin does not recognise this factor.. Keep telling me to turn into kallang bahru exit???!!... One big round??? KNS...

Issue 2

The routing is from AYE exit CTE, exit Merchant Road, turn into hill straight then straight all the way...

KNS... Pay 2 ERP gantry money....??? Where got save cost... should be exit moulmein then geylang bahru leh....

Can some sifu/pros/mapper enlight me... Maybe I dunno how to use the set...

Many thks in advance...

chinwy
Regional Mapper

Re: GARMIN 50LM - ERP COST SAVING FEATURE NOT WORKING AND RO

Postby chinwy » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:46 pm

Have you carefully examine what options you have set for your unit under avoidance?

teoweeyong

Postby teoweeyong » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:07 pm

For Garmin 50LM,

The moment I check ERP cost savings, "avoidance" "perference settings" like shorter distance etc... is override.. meaning to say.. under the these 2 choices, the checkbox is 'grey out'...

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:44 am

ERP is only implemented in Singapore. I think the data file contains the ERP cost and is updated with map as compiled by Garmin.

According to their website, this feature will take ERP charges into routing consideration and plan the more economic route for you.

IMHO, in land small Singapore, it is not practicle as it is quite tough to achieve this :ko:

In near future this will be an obsolete feature with implementation of GPS tracking road usage charge :ko: :cry:

teoweeyong

Postby teoweeyong » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:38 am

thks for all your advice and thoughts.

BTW, any ideas on the Sims Ave error..

BTW, i only use mfm maps for my garmin (meaning to say, all the map except mfm (latest update) are all left unchecked.

I assuming , i am doing it correctly...

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:30 am

If you check ERP savings, it will disable Shorter Distance and Faster Time option. The ERP algorithm takes over. How this computes vs what shorter distance and faster time does is something only Garmin can explain. Maybe you should post this to Garmin Taiwan to explain :-'

Return to “Singapore Map Feedback”