Suggestion Box 2009

MFM community forum where you can find out the latest happenings and issues at MFM

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
fruitplus
Polygon Mapper

Re: Suggestion Box 2009

Postby fruitplus » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:07 pm

simseair wrote:Hi,

I like the kilometer marker shown along the N-S Highway on the Johor map. I realised that the markers are not available for other maps. The markers are quite accurate and it is nice to compare them against the actual markers on the highway. Good job by the mapper. I hope this can be consistently done for all highways.

Agreed with you bro simseair
Past + Present = Future

yc1437

Postby yc1437 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:12 pm

Is that possible to review & standardize the turn announcement distance & timing, for example in highway, the turn announcement is better to be 200m right before the divider. I see many turn announcements are triggered too close to the road divider where is is impossible for the driver to react if he doesn't look at the screen.
时间存在的惟一理由是,如此才不会所有事情同时发生 - 爱因斯坦

GPS: Nuvi 3790

ccwong
JCV Master
JCV Master

Postby ccwong » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:30 pm

hi,

I would like to suggest the following functions for MFM Papago x2x3 map:-

1. Speed trap, traffic camera, school zone, etc as in MFM for Garmin. - it is important for everyone who is travelling, more alert, safe.

2. More junction view for Ipoh. I'm very happy with junction in KL, but Ipoh area still non. Hope will update the junction view soon.

3. Door number search like SLA - it's important too as currently we could find the street, but not the exact door number.

4. More custom POI

5. 3D building landmark for Papago X2. Currently, the PapagoX2 is not support 3D building from MFM.

6. Cities search - just like Garmin, when i key in "Ipoh" as near destination, it will show area like Kampung, taman, gunung rapat, etc.

7. More speed limit Sign board.

8. Enlarge font size for Road name on map. at least "bold" it.

9. Photo POI.

10. Last but not least - more blocks, colors on map.

Thank you. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:rox:

Best Wishes,
Wong

cstanpj

Postby cstanpj » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:23 am

Just wonder whether MFM would consider putting POI for Commissioners for Oaths. This thing came into my mind when a colleague was asking where he could find a Commissioners for Oaths near our office yesterday.....

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:40 am

cstanpj wrote:Just wonder whether MFM would consider putting POI for Commissioners for Oaths. This thing came into my mind when a colleague was asking where he could find a Commissioners for Oaths near our office yesterday.....

Possible....any idea where to get location of Commissioners for Oaths?

cstanpj

Postby cstanpj » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:44 pm

I mean openly ask all members to contribute the coordinate for Commissioner for Oath.

exz8
Polygon Mapper

Postby exz8 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:21 pm

how if this forum creates fast post (quick reply).
that for people who post without an attachment.

if located at the bottom of each page.
:-k

badrol
Polygon Mapper

Postby badrol » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:38 am

cstanpj wrote:Just wonder whether MFM would consider putting POI for Commissioners for Oaths. This thing came into my mind when a colleague was asking where he could find a Commissioners for Oaths near our office yesterday.....

antyong wrote:Possible....any idea where to get location of Commissioners for Oaths?

Try Malaysian bar website directory http://www.malaysianbar.org.my/commissi ... oaths.html.

We also may need to include Notaries Public
ImageImageImage

jans_wkh
Valued Contributor

Postby jans_wkh » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:06 pm

=D> =D> =D> Nice going guys for the weekly map updates. Noticed more selections during the installation interface. Is it possible to have another option for choosing Peninsular Malaysia and/or East Malaysia. Some might want both, and some might not. Noticed the gmapsupp is getting larger and larger, thus it might make sense to reduce the size.

:rox:

ad4rum

Postby ad4rum » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:34 am

Can i suggest having "MFM POI: West Malaysia & Singapore" be in their own .img?

like;
MFM POI: West Malaysia
MFM POI: Singapore

Its because, using MapSource, map/maps can be selected to build GMAPSUPP.IMG
But with "MFM POI: West Malaysia & Singapore", the POI search results will be from both regions.
example, "wisma", will show up in johor and in Singapore, even when only 1 map is in used.

Since maps are in their own .img, shouldn't MFM POI be the same?

This will help reducing the search time. :prayer:

Return to “Community Hall”