Did MalFreeMaps Mappers copied Jerome Wee Singapore Maps?

MFM community forum where you can find out the latest happenings and issues at MFM

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
edchuang (retired)
Regional Mapper (retired)
Location: Shah Alam (GMXT+i-Blue747 Logger, Holux GPSmile62 Pro)

Re: Did MalFreeMaps Mappers copied Jerome Wee Singapore Maps?

Postby edchuang (retired) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:48 am

ahnah wrote:how to be a polygon mappers ?

Hi Bro ahnah,

For a start, read the following threads:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=387&start=0
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11&start=0
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=284&start=0
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=437

After that, if you really interested to draw polygon, get yourself a licensed mapedit which cost around RM200. :D

:tq:

SOSweet

Postby SOSweet » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:36 am

Well, the accusation is serious. Look like someone wanted MFM to re-postion the polygons of CPF building in Shenton Way to Lau Pa Sat and DBS building to Market Street etc etc, :mrgreen: so that, MFM's maps are different from Mr. Jerome Wee "copyright" maps. :fire:
I fully stand behind and support all our mappers's effort in providing us with the wonderful maps. Just ignore those unwanted distraction.
:rox:
HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar
Do More - Exercise & Good Deeds

imantulen

Postby imantulen » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:43 pm

question time:

If mr.A contributed a track, say in 2006, posted it on MSM and was picked up by J, and J uses it in his map. Now, mr.A contributes the same track to MFM - can this be called copying ???

If J has used MSM as one of his sources for his maps, can he call this map his original work ???

Since all MSM posts are publicly accessible, it is classifield as 'public domain property' - can J claim them as his own original work ???

:-k
Last edited by imantulen on Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aceedburn

Postby aceedburn » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:44 pm

Politics!! Stay away from it, is what I do. To both parties, please stop this blaming game and full credit goes to bro antyong and MFM for withdrawing the singapore map when jerome accused us of copying his map and for 2 months, singapore was an empty space in our devices. Now that we have a fairly good map of singapore, the accusations start again. Is it a coincidence? These GPS maps are for everyone and therefore EVERYONE benefits from this. Let's keep this community alive and brimming with all we can. :rox: :rox:
nüvi® 205 & mfm - always takes you home!

turbosnail
Valued Contributor

Postby turbosnail » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:54 pm

I am the one who contributes to both. I don't care if my tracklogs were used or not. I will continue to do so even if some point out I should be loyal to one or another. If there's such request, I'll tell them to fly kite.

Just my two sens.

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:15 pm

I can said some of the map in Jerome copies my track....
Infact to many.... to name it...

So is he going to stop that Jerome map for few months until he clear all my track?
It own by the contributor... not Jerome...

Jerome only finished up the map from pcs into One big map for the public.. but that doesn't mean Joreme own 's it...

Mr..extremeforensic,

MFM dun own the maps... it is the members who help each and others to form a BIG MFM maps.

:rox: :rox:
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

vash_h

Postby vash_h » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:17 pm

did jerome make his map from his own tracking? it is very possible he obtained the tracks from the same people who contributed to mfm as well..
<-My Blog: HaroldChia.com->
<-MFM MAPS + Garmin Nuvi 50LM + Papago Z1 + Garmin Nuvi 205w + Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 ->

fidodido

Postby fidodido » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:46 pm

As I mentioned before,
1) MFM doesn't have the 2 serious routing mistakes that are found both in my paid Jerome's and contributed (gold) MSM's.
2) And I also noticed (if I remember correctly because I cannot remember where), MFM's map seems to be more outdated than Jerome's and MSM's.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, if Jerome purposely draw wrongly here and there, that will scare me!
Because I rely on GPS heavily.

The last time I use GPS to travel from East Coast Park to Bishan Park, which leads to GPS giving up. :frus:
In the end, I had to travel from East Coast Park to West Coast Park first, then from West Coast Park to Bishan Park. :thumbsdown: :frus:

Then later when I get home, I try out MFM's map and discovered there is no such issue! :frus: :cry:

norwadi

Postby norwadi » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:50 pm

fidodido wrote:Also, if Jerome purposely draw wrongly here and there, that will scare me!
Because I rely on GPS heavily.

LOL.. now you know, which map has built-in error. :D

Anyway, my 100% support for MFM.

:rox: :rox:

yc1437

Postby yc1437 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:16 pm

If one day (and it will) MFM Singapore map become most detail compare 'others', and its free, someone cant make money lo [-X
时间存在的惟一理由是,如此才不会所有事情同时发生 - 爱因斯坦

GPS: Nuvi 3790

Return to “Community Hall”