Did MalFreeMaps Mappers copied Jerome Wee Singapore Maps?

MFM community forum where you can find out the latest happenings and issues at MFM

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
dafansu
Valued Contributor

Re: Did MalFreeMaps Mappers copied Jerome Wee Singapore Maps?

Postby dafansu » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:02 pm

yc1437 wrote:If one day (and it will) MFM Singapore map become most detail compare 'others', and its free, someone cant make money lo [-X

money is very important to some people

SOSweet

Postby SOSweet » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:30 pm

MFM FREE MAPS are a threat to his money making hobby ( :-? ). That's why he claimed he hold the copyright to the maps.
HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar
Do More - Exercise & Good Deeds

singawon
Valued Contributor

Postby singawon » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:46 pm

yc1437 wrote:If one day (and it will) MFM Singapore map become most detail compare 'others', and its free, someone cant make money lo [-X

dafansu wrote:money is very important to some people

SOSweet wrote:MFM FREE MAPS are a threat to his money making hobby ( :-? ). That's why he claimed he hold the copyright to the maps.

:-$ Hung cheng pie, dun break his rice bowl :mrgreen:
诸恶莫作 众善奉行 自净其意 是诸佛教

SOSweet

Postby SOSweet » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:58 pm

Bro singawon, no body is trying to break anybody's rice bowl. We just want to get the fact right. :rox:
HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar
Do More - Exercise & Good Deeds

waypoint
Valued Contributor

Postby waypoint » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:10 am

:-?

Gentlemen... Please... While the parties concerned are looking into the matter to ascertain if there is at all, any wrong-doing or mis-understanding on either parties, surely we are above the snide remarks and senseless accusations?

As it has been stated in earlier posts in this thread, indeed there have been contributors of raw data being submitted to the authors of BOTH Singapore maps respectively authored by the parties concerned. How the authors tweak the contributed raw data, whether through to Google Earth or "eye-ball averaging", it is totally up to these tireless cartographers.

I guess, as end-users mainly, who have reaped the countless benefits of the maps in question, we should not stoke and fan the ambers of unhealthy competition and dis-trust. Being conceited now isn't going to solve and relief the seething tension we have between MSM and MFM. Although I would agree that nothing lasts forever, including the monopoly of an incredibly detailed auto-routable digital map of Singapore, which, as early as 5-years ago was non-existent or rudimentary at best, one cannot blame Jerome for being so protective and getting so worked up over any sign of, no matter how small or insignificant, copyright infringements. It was and still his pet project; his "baby" for crying out loud...

I urge all of you to practise some self-control and moderation, and hope you can all try to understand where I am coming from. I am sure that if we conduct ourselves in such a way that we maintain the moral high ground, we will come out of this episode so much better and stronger.

:rox:

BR,
w a y
http://twitter.com/waypoint12xl
"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
"I honestly don't care if you think I'm crazy. You're probably just a figment of my imagination anyway." - Unknown

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:46 am

Jerome pet project is 5 years old. So he cannot be blamed for being over-protective. But spare some feeling for bro OngCC and Fancheng who mapped and remapped most of SG's road only to be accused of copying :)

deani77
Polygon Mapper

Postby deani77 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:22 am

But I think we must do check MFM Singapore map since Bro J already mentioned that he caught us copy his easter egg, that mean that thing cannot be found in the real world or submitted track by tracker, it just been created by mapper to protect his work... :-k

msports
Polygon Mapper
Location: Kajang, Pantai Hillpark, KL, Bangi, Putrajaya, Kota Tinggi

Postby msports » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:01 am

... from the evident, it is clearly the copyright claim is void!!!
like what alyem said "... it is the members who help each others to form a BIG MFM maps." so no single individual should claim that the whole maps is belong to him...
In this regards, my fullest support and credit for bro Anthony, OngCC and Fancheng! and ntf to the whole MFM community!

Keep up and stand high bro!!!! you are the :champ: and :rox:
Last edited by msports on Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
msports/// : nuvi710, nuvi255W, GMXT on 5800 & N97, PAPAGO X7 (R6600), latest on Nuvi3790 & always on mfm

yongyl
Valued Contributor

Postby yongyl » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:13 am

deani77 wrote:But I think we must do check MFM Singapore map since Bro J already mentioned that he caught us copy his easter egg, ........ :-k

Does the rotten egg prove anything? Can you discount the possibility of him creating one and send one here?

deani77
Polygon Mapper

Postby deani77 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:27 am

yongyl wrote:Does the rotten egg prove anything? Can you discount the possibility of him creating one and send one here?

Yes he can created it, other Jerome map user also can help to confirm if that easter egg was not there before... I'm not accusing but just give my own opinion and suggestion in this free world... as a free man... :mrgreen:
Last edited by deani77 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Community Hall”