Special deal for Garmin PND

MFM community forum where you can find out the latest happenings and issues at MFM

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
kaybee
Valued Contributor
Location: Bukit Tengah, Penang (nuvi 200w, i-Blue 747A+ logger)

Re: Special deal for Garmin PND

Postby kaybee » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:41 am

OngCC wrote:
singawon wrote:
tlchuan wrote:yes Rm400 per unit quote by Aeco :$gone:

IT show in Singapore selling $120.... =P~

That is the bundle list price with 2565. I asked Ivy from NaviCom, it is $100 only.

Can I get some clarification

nuvi 2575 come with GDR10 camera, 8GB microSD and built-in TV features

nuvi 2565 does not come with the above.

Is that correct? Trying to figure out if I've made the right decision.

ace
Valued Contributor

Postby ace » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:54 am

My biggest question on the whole offering of the Lifetime Maps is whether it covers all preloaded maps in the localised Nuvi i.e. MFM, MSM, and CN.

MFM and MSM is a no brainer..... But what about CN? :-k

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Postby moeyhc » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:57 am

Bro ace,

MSM & MfM are just partners of Garmin to provide maps. These two entities can come and go as neither of them can guarantee lifetime alliance. Garmin has stated this:-

"¹ FREE lifetime map updates entitle you to receive up to 4 map data updates per year, when and as such updates are made available on the Garmin website, for this specific Garmin product only until this product’s useful life expires or Garmin no longer receives map data from its third party supplier, whichever is shorter. The updates you receive will be updates to the same geographic map data originally included with your Garmin product when originally purchased. Garmin may terminate your lifetime map updates at any time if you violate any of the terms of the End User License Agreement accompanying your nüvi product."

If you want LM... please continue to contribute to our MAP.... :mrgreen:
Common Sense Is Not Common.

ace
Valued Contributor

Postby ace » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:07 am

Bro moeyhc, thank you for the explanation. That was my conclusion that the lifetime map updates refers to only MFM and MSM only. Which means that users who have bought localised units of Nuvis, ahem, do not have to waste more moolah on upgrading the units. :mrgreen:

Contribution is never in doubt. Wherever and whatever new or obsolete data that I come across. :-$ :-$ :-$ :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

keanhoe
Contributor
Location: Alor Setar / Pokok Sena, Kedah (nuvi 765 SG/MY, Papago M9 for Android)

Postby keanhoe » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:15 am

Interesting offer. I'm in.

Name : keanhoe
Model : nuvi 2575RLM
mfm - on the way to being the best community mapping project.

tympg
Senior Mapper

Postby tympg » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:39 am

kaybee wrote:Can I get some clarification

nuvi 2575 come with GDR10 camera, 8GB microSD and built-in TV features

nuvi 2565 does not come with the above.

Is that correct? Trying to figure out if I've made the right decision.

Correct. Note there are two 2575 models: 2575R and 2575RLM; difference is the latter has Lifetime Maps.
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

tympg
Senior Mapper

Postby tympg » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:00 am

ace wrote:Bro moeyhc, thank you for the explanation. That was my conclusion that the lifetime map updates refers to only MFM and MSM only. Which means that users who have bought localised units of Nuvis, ahem, do not have to waste more moolah on upgrading the units. :mrgreen:

Contribution is never in doubt. Wherever and whatever new or obsolete data that I come across. :-$ :-$ :-$ :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Actually I think "Lifetime Maps" refers only to the City Navigator map.

The reason I think like this is because my nuvi 2465 (no LM) is no longer entitled to City Navigator map updates. However I have no problem updating MSM and now MfM through the Garmin website.

That means for MfM and MSM updates, it is lifetime updates for anyone who bought their Nuvis through the proper channels in MY/SG, regardless of whether their Nuvi model name has an "LM" suffix.
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

ace
Valued Contributor

Postby ace » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:14 am

tympg wrote:
ace wrote:Bro moeyhc, thank you for the explanation. That was my conclusion that the lifetime map updates refers to only MFM and MSM only. Which means that users who have bought localised units of Nuvis, ahem, do not have to waste more moolah on upgrading the units. :mrgreen:

Actually I think "Lifetime Maps" refers only to the City Navigator map.

The reason I think like this is because my nuvi 2465 (no LM) is no longer entitled to City Navigator map updates. However I have no problem updating MSM and now MfM through the Garmin website.

That means for MfM and MSM updates, it is lifetime updates for anyone who bought their Nuvis through the proper channels in MY/SG, regardless of whether their Nuvi model name has an "LM" suffix.

Bro tympg, I ageed because it would means that is why Gamin have a different classification for the same 2565 and 2575 units. But I still hope Ah OngCC would clarify for us.. :mrgreen:

OngCC
Senior Mapper

Postby OngCC » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:47 pm

Me not from Garmin leh...but what I believe what they meant is the Navteq map.
Why don't you guys verify with the distributors? :mrgreen:
Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs.
http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11630

wwloon
Valued Contributor

Postby wwloon » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:32 pm

tympg wrote:Actually I think "Lifetime Maps" refers only to the City Navigator map.

I concur with bro tympg here. Lifetime map update most likely applies only for the official CN map.

And btw, I would like to pre-book (if price is right) a 2575RLM. :tq:

Name: wwloon
Models: nuvi 2575RLM and GPSMAP 62sc
Last edited by wwloon on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Community Hall”