MFM Papago X2 map

MFM community forum where you can find out the latest happenings and issues at MFM

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum

Do you support MFM releasing Papago maps?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:02 am

Yes
98%
No
2%

Total votes: 136

chinwy
Regional Mapper

Re: MFM Papago X2 map

Postby chinwy » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:07 pm

I will not echo the plus side.

Only concern is the future - should there be any saperation. How will the situation be handle. Will they continue to have rights over our data? And to what extend. I hate to see hard work happily given to a third party. Like marraige of convineance ... ie to get married to another just to get PR into the country! Once PR approved - divorce. ... déjà vu.

badrol
Polygon Mapper

Postby badrol » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:38 pm

chinwy wrote:I will not echo the plus side.

Only concern is the future - should there be any saperation. How will the situation be handle. Will they continue to have rights over our data? And to what extend. I hate to see hard work happily given to a third party. Like marraige of convineance ... ie to get married to another just to get PR into the country! Once PR approved - divorce. ... déjà vu.

sorry bro, can you clarify a bit. you are talking about mapking/papago separation or mfm separation?
ImageImageImage

joedoss

Postby joedoss » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:19 pm

I'm all for it!!! but I've got a questions.....

1) Will this new effort overload the mappers who will have to work on both the garmin & papago maps??? Will this then reduce the rate of maps update on the garmin version or cause a backlog to the updates posted by contributors?.

I ask this because there is only so much the mappers can do....... :(
Nuvi 250 (1-sec tracking enabled)

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:29 pm

chinwy wrote:I will not echo the plus side.

If any party sign the divorce paper.. there would be not continue of maps... It will stop there using old map.

:mrgreen:
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:31 pm

joedoss wrote:I'm all for it!!! but I've got a questions.....

1) Will this new effort overload the mappers who will have to work on both the garmin & papago maps??? Will this then reduce the rate of maps update on the garmin version or cause a backlog to the updates posted by contributors?.

The mappers do what they can. We are human too.. Everyone of us from MFM can be a Mapper to help the overloading.
:rox:
73, 9w2yyl

joedoss

Postby joedoss » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:40 pm

alyem wrote:
joedoss wrote:I'm all for it!!! but I've got a questions.....

The mappers do what they can. We are human too.. Everyone of us from MFM can be a Mapper to help the overloading.
:rox:

Agreed bro alyem, we still have the best looking maps :thumbsup: with the most frequent updates. I'm sure MFM will still be miles ahead compared to the other "Mxx" where updates are concerned even if the rate slows down a little with additional workload to the mappers \:D/ =D> :thumbsup:

Thanks to all mappers ... :prayer:
:good: :rox:
Nuvi 250 (1-sec tracking enabled)

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:54 pm

joedoss wrote:Agreed bro alyem, we still have the best looking maps :thumbsup: with the most frequent updates. I'm sure MFM will still be miles ahead compared to the other "Mxx" where updates are concerned even if the rate slows down a little with additional workload to the mappers \:D/ =D> :thumbsup:

Thanks to all mappers ... :prayer:
:good: :rox:

Yes we work very hard to that... hope all the members can accept that frequent update everyweek, (Yes we try everyweek if we dun fall sick) or we do like MxM update every 7 months... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
73, 9w2yyl

hornet
Regional Mapper

Postby hornet » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:42 am

=P~ :thumbsup: :peace:

aed

Postby aed » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:59 am

=D> no prob with me... :peace: at least other people that use other platform of gpsr can have fun with mfm map, so they maybe going to contribute.... :rox:
BETTER START LATE THAN NEVER START

chinwy
Regional Mapper

Postby chinwy » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:41 pm

badrol,

In a nutshell, we should cover our self with proprer pre-nuptial agreement first. Hope that answer your question.

As for workload, I belief this group belief in divide and conquer approach.

Lets go rock the boat.

Return to “Community Hall”