Kuala Kangsar, where i'm from...

Moderators: doraemon, Moderators, Regional Mappers

doraemon
Polygon Mapper

Re: Kuala Kangsar, where i'm from...

Postby doraemon » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:33 pm

1) Removed all comment What comment?
2) Removed excessive nodes Remove or added?

1 -> When you do import from the tracklog, comment will be insert automatically in the polyline properties. These comment are practically useless for our map. So, just remove it to reduce file size.

2 -> When directly import tracklog to form polyline, there will be more than 2 nodes to form the line even there is a straight line. So, I remove the unnecessary nodes in between the start and end of the polyline to reduce map size.

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:32 pm

1) Removed all comment What comment?
2) Removed excessive nodes Remove or added?

doraemon wrote:1 -> When you do import from the tracklog, comment will be insert automatically in the polyline properties. These comment are practically useless for our map. So, just remove it to reduce file size.

2 -> When directly import tracklog to form polyline, there will be more than 2 nodes to form the line even there is a straight line. So, I remove the unnecessary nodes in between the start and end of the polyline to reduce map size.

1- "comment" - Can I remove them in my mapedit? I think I try before, dunno how.
2- " Excessive nodes - If we were to remove the whole lots of it, and redo the polyline, does it disturd the original alighment of the road? exp: like 20% curve road and by removing the nodes it will straighten the road line.
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

snail-works
Valued Contributor

Postby snail-works » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:53 pm

Hi,

I'm using etrex Legend C. Ok i'll switch it to 1sec interval.

I'm learning to convert my tracking log into mp file. Now i come to the stage 'trace in Google Earth'. I have question here:

a. I found GE have low quality satelite photo for KK. If i intend to draw the polygon for the parks and house lot like what bro sabelt doing, so we just estimate the polygon size or don't?

b. What's the MFM mapper spec for the types of road using in map? After refering to the MSM WIKI, i feel confuse :ko: . Is the kampung road which just enough for 1 car passing share the same road type with housing estate road? Lorong Suak Larah 1 is kampung road.

c. What should i do if i want to insert all the nice looking customised POI icon in my map? by using GPSmapedit or mapsource?

Thanks.
Lost in contour lines, my waterfalls diary ~ www.waterfallquest.jimdo.com ~

OngCC
Senior Mapper

Postby OngCC » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:13 pm

snail-works wrote:Hi,

I'm using etrex Legend C. Ok i'll switch it to 1sec interval.
Thanks!

snail-works wrote:I'm learning to convert my tracking log into mp file. Now i come to the stage 'trace in Google Earth'. I have question here:

a. I found GE have low quality satelite photo for KK. If i intend to draw the polygon for the parks and house lot like what bro sabelt doing, so we just estimate the polygon size or don't?
Yes, just agak-agak for the polygon, it doesn't affect any routing.

snail-works wrote:b. What's the MFM mapper spec for the types of road using in map? After refering to the MSM WIKI, i feel confuse :ko: . Is the kampung road which just enough for 1 car passing share the same road type with housing estate road? Lorong Suak Larah 1 is kampung road.
Use alley (0x0007) for kampung road, residential (0x0006) for housing estate. If you just submit the tracklog, you have to let the mappers know the road type (kampung or residential roads).

snail-works wrote:c. What should i do if i want to insert all the nice looking customised POI icon in my map? by using GPSmapedit or mapsource?
You can customize your icon, but leave this to mappers to standardize it. Just inform the mappers what the POI is, i.e. don't just submit QWERTY, but give some info about QWERTY.
Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs.
http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11630

snail-works
Valued Contributor

Postby snail-works » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:26 pm

OK thanks OngCC, your reply had made my sky clear. :thumbsup: now i can't wait to go home to edit my works.
Lost in contour lines, my waterfalls diary ~ www.waterfallquest.jimdo.com ~

Return to “PRK Archives”