Map very frequent fail to route on Ipoh town

Moderators: doraemon, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Nexxus

Map very frequent fail to route on Ipoh town

Postby Nexxus » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:20 am

I'm using the older map and haven't really update it (MFM PPG 11-04-03C) since the day I brought it. I staying in Klang and when ever I route to Ipoh let say Yik Foong Plaza, it would bring me to a housing area and later fail to route out some sort of no routing point. If I need to go nearby that area, I have to search for Jalan Laxamana and select a poi then to get me to the selected area. it kind of annoying tho. It seems that there are more older building poi also have this problem and later will fail to route. If you look properly, it like the POI of the building was wrong and was like very far of from the original place.

I try it on a Garmin tho and it always give me the exact place I would want to go just some minor road error, junction error as I'm still on the old map but it still reachable by Garmin.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Map very frequent fail to route on Ipoh town

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:36 am

Nexxus wrote:I'm using the older map and haven't really update it (MFM PPG 11-04-03C) since the day I brought it. I staying in Klang and when ever I route to Ipoh let say Yik Foong Plaza, it would bring me to a housing area and later fail to route out some sort of no routing point. If I need to go nearby that area, I have to search for Jalan Laxamana and select a poi then to get me to the selected area. it kind of annoying tho. It seems that there are more older building poi also have this problem and later will fail to route. If you look properly, it like the POI of the building was wrong and was like very far of from the original place.

I try it on a Garmin tho and it always give me the exact place I would want to go just some minor road error, junction error as I'm still on the old map but it still reachable by Garmin.

Your first paragraph and second paragraph contradicts each other. :-? :ko:

Update to latest map and report errors

No point talking about old stuff in which the error might already have been rectified.

Link for latest map : viewtopic.php?p=123970#p123970

Return to “PRK Archives”