MFM Polygon Standardization Discussion

Moderators: tympg, Moderators, Regional Mappers

chinwy
Regional Mapper

Re: MFM Polygon Standardization Discussion

Postby chinwy » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:00 pm

Can anyone confirm polygon 0x03 showing up as city type?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ccplim
Valued Contributor

Postby ccplim » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:29 pm

Hello to all mappers, sorry to dig out this thread again as I have some doubts that I need to clarify after going through the map.

Firstly, what is the standard polygon color/description that we should use for hawker centers and/or markets? I noticed that currently some are listed as "Food & Beverage" (0x1d) while some are listed as "shops" (0x08).

Secondly, for those HDB blocks with shops on the first level, do we label it as "Residential Area" (0x11)? Or should we label it as "Shops" (0x08)?

Please note that the second point might be applicable to SG only as I have no idea whether does this kind of building exist in MY (paisei, never been to MY city area for too long already :oops: )

Thanks in advance for your kind guidance :D

tympg
Senior Mapper

Postby tympg » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:53 pm

ccplim wrote:Hello to all mappers, sorry to dig out this thread again as I have some doubts that I need to clarify after going through the map.

Firstly, what is the standard polygon color/description that we should use for hawker centers and/or markets? I noticed that currently some are listed as "Food & Beverage" (0x1d) while some are listed as "shops" (0x08).

Secondly, for those HDB blocks with shops on the first level, do we label it as "Residential Area" (0x11)? Or should we label it as "Shops" (0x08)?

Please note that the second point might be applicable to SG only as I have no idea whether does this kind of building exist in MY (paisei, never been to MY city area for too long already :oops: )

Thanks in advance for your kind guidance :D

Generally speaking, if the building is primarily a food place, then we use the Food & Beverage polygon. If the building is mostly shops or commercial, then it's Shops.

Whatever dominates.

If it's really mixed, then we fall back to plain old Building polygon.
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

ccplim
Valued Contributor

Postby ccplim » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:23 am

tympg wrote:Generally speaking, if the building is primarily a food place, then we use the Food & Beverage polygon. If the building is mostly shops or commercial, then it's Shops.

Whatever dominates.

If it's really mixed, then we fall back to plain old Building polygon.

Thanks bro tympg for the advise. At least now I have a better idea of what's going on :)

joelee

Postby joelee » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:39 pm

only available for garmin? how bout papago?

keong8260
Regional Mapper
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)

Postby keong8260 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:03 am

joelee wrote:only available for garmin? how bout papago?

Yes, there are polygon in Papago too. It use the same polygon type as Garmin as both system came from the same data source.

Return to “Mapping Guideline & Standards Discussion”