Custom POI Download - Police Speed Traps (V5.2)(120406)

Feedback for our road information and food recommendation POIs

Moderators: wwloon, alharis299, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our custom POIs
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
J2EE

Re: Custom POI download - Police Speed Traps (v3.5)

Postby J2EE » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:49 pm

I don't think the screenshot is that of a speed alert. Alerts would flash at the top bar in red. The 72km/h sign is part of the map which is probably a Garmin compiled one. MFM's maps are compiled using the cGPS Mapper software. Not sure if cGPS Mapper supports that speed sign feature.

That said, the screenshot is from the recent Nuvi models not the older versions like the 200, 300, 600 and 700 series.

Perhaps Bro Antyong would be the best person to ask. :lol:

That is not an active alert. It's just a static reminder of the speed limit on the current road travelled. It will go off once the speed limit changes. This is actually a screenshot of my Nuvi 205W. So...any possibilities of this incorporated into MFM ?
Gray hairs are signs of wisdom if you hold your tongue, speak and they are but hairs, as in the young - Philo

Garmin Nuvi 1350
Papago X8 OEM SE on Passion OBU
M8 Papago on iPhone 3GS

stratman2
Valued Contributor
Location: P. Jaya with Garmin Nuvi 310, eTrex Vista HCx and HTC Incredible S + PapaGo X5 :-)

Postby stratman2 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:57 am

J2EE wrote:
I don't think the screenshot is that of a speed alert. Alerts would flash at the top bar in red. The 72km/h sign is part of the map which is probably a Garmin compiled one. MFM's maps are compiled using the cGPS Mapper software. Not sure if cGPS Mapper supports that speed sign feature.

That said, the screenshot is from the recent Nuvi models not the older versions like the 200, 300, 600 and 700 series.

Perhaps Bro Antyong would be the best person to ask. :lol:

That is not an active alert. It's just a static reminder of the speed limit on the current road travelled. It will go off once the speed limit changes. This is actually a screenshot of my Nuvi 205W. So...any possibilities of this incorporated into MFM ?

Let me know when you've figured how to put that road sign, because sincerely I don't know how it's implemented. :-({|=
cheers,

Stratman II

sssazaly

Postby sssazaly » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:05 am

Thanks for a job well done.

I noticed the prior version MFM speed trap file is larger than this v3.5 (WAV).
Does this means the police trimming down their speed trap POI? [-o<

stratman2
Valued Contributor
Location: P. Jaya with Garmin Nuvi 310, eTrex Vista HCx and HTC Incredible S + PapaGo X5 :-)

Postby stratman2 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:23 pm

sssazaly wrote:Thanks for a job well done.

I noticed the prior version MFM speed trap file is larger than this v3.5 (WAV).
Does this means the police trimming down their speed trap POI? [-o<

Very observant of you, bro sazaly. 8-) :good:

No, the number of POIs are more or less the same. The photo of the Mat Polis holding the radar gun is no longer embedded in ver 3.5. Each POI needs its own image, so without that picture the resulting file size is smaller. It was a novelty "feature" when I first did the speed trap cPOI, but as you know novelty wears off sooner or later.

I prefer the ver 3.5's structure over the previous one as it doesn't clutter your POI list screen. :thumbsup:
cheers,

Stratman II

sssazaly

Postby sssazaly » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:47 pm

I have to agree with you, mr stratman, that less clutter the better.
Showing off a policeman with speed detector adds no added info value nor 'fear' value.
But that toll girl on TnG gate POI does look cute though.. :-$

I'm going up north this weekend. Let's see how this v3.5 fair (a first timer).
:tq:

syahrul37

Postby syahrul37 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:35 pm

Ive downloaded the latest spped trap Cpoi v3.5 and extract it which consist of 3 files..Im using GMXT and copy only the MFM GMXT file which is about 43kb...But when speed trap alert there is no ding ding sound..Only image alert..Or should I transfer all the file to my POI folder which is wav, mp3 and the GMXT? :-? ](*,)

J2EE

Postby J2EE » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:35 pm

Let me know when you've figured how to put that road sign, because sincerely I don't know how it's implemented. :-({|=

Me neither. Counting on you brother :thumbsup:
Gray hairs are signs of wisdom if you hold your tongue, speak and they are but hairs, as in the young - Philo

Garmin Nuvi 1350
Papago X8 OEM SE on Passion OBU
M8 Papago on iPhone 3GS

alf

Postby alf » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:17 pm

Picked up 1 speed trap 2 days ago on the way to JB.

Here's the location: N2 13.703 E102 35.838

They are seated right in the middle of the bushes among the flowers(now wonder they call them the "Bushmen of Malaysia") :lol:
Papago Z1, Nuvi 2792LM, Samsung Galaxy Note3 Dual SIM, Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.7, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 2014 Edition

stratman2
Valued Contributor

Postby stratman2 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:38 pm

syahrul37 wrote:Ive downloaded the latest spped trap Cpoi v3.5 and extract it which consist of 3 files..Im using GMXT and copy only the MFM GMXT file which is about 43kb...But when speed trap alert there is no ding ding sound..Only image alert..Or should I transfer all the file to my POI folder which is wav, mp3 and the GMXT? :-? ](*,)

Check the alert settings of your GMXT device. Neither the WAV nor the MP3 version will make any difference as the GMXT software cannot play back embedded audio files. :wink:
cheers,

Stratman II

stratman2
Valued Contributor

Postby stratman2 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:40 pm

J2EE wrote:

Me neither. Counting on you brother :thumbsup:

Loan me your Nuvi for a week and I'll see what I can do. I'm serious. 8-)
cheers,

Stratman II

Return to “MFM Custom POI Feedback”