Custom POI Download - Police Speed Traps (V5.2)(120406)

Feedback for our road information and food recommendation POIs

Moderators: wwloon, alharis299, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our custom POIs
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
hattaZ

Re: Custom POI download - Police Speed Traps (v3.5)

Postby hattaZ » Mon May 18, 2009 10:10 am

Speed trap location (speed limit 80kmh)
N03.08662 E101.71411
Last edited by hattaZ on Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ck9393

Postby ck9393 » Tue May 19, 2009 9:23 pm

What the different i download custom POI at here or download at Board index » Downloads » Free Public Downloads >> Free Malaysia Garmin Custom POI: MFM-CPOI v1.12 (23 Apr 09)? Which is more detail?
I am newbie in Garmin, help help me... [-o< [-o< :lol: :lol:

stratman2
Valued Contributor
Location: P. Jaya with Garmin Nuvi 310, eTrex Vista HCx and HTC Incredible S + PapaGo X5 :-)

Postby stratman2 » Tue May 19, 2009 9:52 pm

ck9393 wrote:What the different i download custom POI at here or download at Board index » Downloads » Free Public Downloads >> Free Malaysia Garmin Custom POI: MFM-CPOI v1.12 (23 Apr 09)? Which is more detail?

Here's how it works:

a) Custom POI makers like brothers feiming, pkgent and I will update our cPOI files when we have the time to do so.

b) Bro Antyong will download the cPOI files and package them into a self-installing EXE file when he has the time. We have no control over when Antyong decides to collate all the cPOI files for the next MFM cPOI installer update. Therefore, if any of us releases a separate cPOI update before bro Antyong's subsequent cPOI installer update, obviously the ones that you manually download (look for the separate cPOI threads) will be more recent.

Assuming that there are no recent updates to the cPOI files (not to be confused with the cPOI installer), the individual cPOI files will have the same detail as the cPOI installer that bro Antyong releases.

Hope this has helped you. :thumbsup:
cheers,

Stratman II

ck9393

Postby ck9393 » Wed May 20, 2009 8:34 am

stratman2 wrote:
ck9393 wrote:What the different i download custom POI at here or download at Board index » Downloads » Free Public Downloads >> Free Malaysia Garmin Custom POI: MFM-CPOI v1.12 (23 Apr 09)? Which is more detail?

Here's how it works:

a) Custom POI makers like brothers feiming, pkgent and I will update our cPOI files when we have the time to do so.

b) Bro Antyong will download the cPOI files and package them into a self-installing EXE file when he has the time. We have no control over when Antyong decides to collate all the cPOI files for the next MFM cPOI installer update. Therefore, if any of us releases a separate cPOI update before bro Antyong's subsequent cPOI installer update, obviously the ones that you manually download (look for the separate cPOI threads) will be more recent.

Assuming that there are no recent updates to the cPOI files (not to be confused with the cPOI installer), the individual cPOI files will have the same detail as the cPOI installer that bro Antyong releases.

Hope this has helped you. :thumbsup:

ok understand, thank you so muuch, support!!! :rox:

hattaZ

Postby hattaZ » Fri May 22, 2009 7:15 pm

Location N03.05070 E101.70515 (Mint Hotel Area)
Speed trap alert "90km/h" but that area speed limit 80km/h
Last edited by hattaZ on Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stratman2
Valued Contributor
Location: P. Jaya with Garmin Nuvi 310, eTrex Vista HCx and HTC Incredible S + PapaGo X5 :-)

Postby stratman2 » Fri May 22, 2009 10:25 pm

hattaZ wrote:Location N3° 3'2.11" E101°42'18.28" (Mint Hotel Area)
Speed trap alert "90km/h" but that area speed limit 80km/h

Brother hattaZ,

I understand you're a newbie submitting the various cPOI coordinates, but can you please, please use the Grid format Lat/Lon hddd.ddddd degrees with the WGS84 datum standard? :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

You can change your Mapsource preferences to change the grid format setting. It's under Edit->Preferences->Position.

Thanks for your understanding. :thumbsup:
cheers,

Stratman II

wwloon
Valued Contributor

Re: Custom POI download - Police Speed Traps (v3.1)

Postby wwloon » Sat May 23, 2009 2:11 pm

wwloon wrote:Speed trap location: Jalan Raja Dihilir, Ipoh
Speed limit: 70km/h
Location of trap: Central divider (in between palm trees)
Time of trap: Usually weekly, on Friday mornings (during office rush hour). I have encountered one occasion when it was on a Thursday morning instead.
Trap is targetted at traffic heading from west to east (in green)

70kph.jpg

Bro stratman2,

I submitted this speedtrap a few months back http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=986&start=140 but I cannot seem to find it in the Custom POI section. Has it been included?

Anyway, I encountered this speedtrap again on a Tuesday morning so it is no longer as predictable as before. :peace:

stratman2
Valued Contributor

Postby stratman2 » Sat May 23, 2009 4:01 pm

wwloon wrote:Bro stratman2,

I submitted this speedtrap a few months back http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=986&start=140 but I cannot seem to find it in the Custom POI section. Has it been included?

Anyway, I encountered this speedtrap again on a Tuesday morning so it is no longer as predictable as before. :peace:

I apologize if I may have inadvertently forgotten to include your submission. In the future if you find that your speed trap POIs are omitted in the updates, please PM me directly. :tq: and :good:
cheers,

Stratman II

fauzee
Polygon Mapper

Postby fauzee » Sat May 23, 2009 4:32 pm

yalah..i think u r quit busy person :mrgreen: ..after this i'll PM u to remind my CPoi posts.. :thumbsup:
~Lost Is Nothing~
...PLEASE INSTALL THE LATEST MAPS BEFORE DOIN' SOMETHIN'...

wwloon
Valued Contributor

Postby wwloon » Sat May 23, 2009 5:21 pm

stratman2 wrote:
wwloon wrote:Bro stratman2,

I apologize if I may have inadvertently forgotten to include your submission. In the future if you find that your speed trap POIs are omitted in the updates, please PM me directly. :tq: and :good:

Don't sweat it, brother! We know how busy you can be with all your cPOI compilations. :prayer:

Will PM you directly if I find any more contributions MIA.

:tq: :good:

Return to “MFM Custom POI Feedback”