Custom POI-AES (Automated Enforcement System) hotspots

Feedback for our road information and food recommendation POIs

Moderators: wwloon, alharis299, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our custom POIs
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
sobamy
Polygon Mapper

Re: Custom POI-AES (Automated Enforcement System) hotspots

Postby sobamy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:12 am

wwloon wrote:
Speed limit to be lowered during Hari Raya

KUALA LUMPUR: The speed limit along federal and state roads will be reduced by 10kmph from Aug 12 to Aug 26 during the festive season, said Transport Minister Datuk Seri Kong Cho Ha.

Hence, he said the speed limit along federal roads would be 80kmph and state roads, 70kmph, for two weeks as a measure to reduce accidents during the festive season.

Speaking to reporters after launching the Aidilfitri Integrated Road Safety Campaign at the South Integrated Terminal here Thursday, he said heavy commercial vehicles other than those ferrying perishable goods were barred from using expressways on Aug 17, 18, 25 and 26.

On the Automated Enforcement System (AES), he said it was still at the trial stage and was expected to be fully operational later this year.

He said the system had been installed at 10 blackspots and was being tested before they come into operation in stages.

As a warning to motorists, notice boards on zone speed cameras will be put up within 2km from the location, he added.
- Bernama

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/8/9/nation/20120809222512&sec=nation

The list of supposedly AES locations bandied over the Internet lately is an old speed trap compilation.

As mentioned above, there are only 10 blackspots with AES so far. And unlike the usual speed traps whereby our PDRM ambushes you, the AES locations will be supplemented with notice boards warning motorists about the presence of a speed camera. This should make it easier to spot and report.

You are right Bro wwloon. We have to identify the "real" AES and the old speed traps which we already have in cPOI.

Do you have the co-ords of the 10 blackspot to enable our Mappers to start the ball rolling?

Regards
~~ freely receive ~ freely give ~~

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:41 pm

That NEW SPEED TRAP camera

1. Location :Putrajaya (Jalan Persiaran)
PutraJaya Speed Camera.jpg

Anyone to confirm the location and direction?

2. Location: Old Klang Road (near Pearl Point), Selangor. This camera can take photo if you beat the red lights. KL - PJ direction
AES camera is behind the traffic light from KL to PJ (before Pearl Point traffic light junction), and it will snap the rear of the cars who beat the red light.
photo (19).JPG

N3.08578 E101.67340

3. Jalan Ipoh traffic light (underneath Sentul link flyover), Kuala Lumpur.
photo (18).JPG
N3.17738 E101.68696
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

dayojah
Contributor

Postby dayojah » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:07 pm

azmiyusoff wrote:spotted few units installed at putrajaya already...

area 70km... downhill some more :fire:

2.946191, 101.684050

Which shows that this is not about accident blackspots, which are mainly the windy Federal roads. I do not expect accurate and obvious warning signs.
The range of a fixed camera is going to be very low, the lens will be filthy after a few days, so there is no way it will be able to take a sharp photo at much more than 100m.
Don't expect a margin over the posted speed limit either

tiensheng
Valued Contributor

Postby tiensheng » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:10 am

those spots which mention in newspaper which has AES , located at slim river and near to ipoh - penang road , i have slow down and look around , but no sign of the devices anywhere i can see .... so i am not sure if PLUS highway has it before raya (maybe) ?