Just wanna report...

Feedback for our road information and food recommendation POIs

Moderators: wwloon, alharis299, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our custom POIs
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
Immortal25

Just wanna report...

Postby Immortal25 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:13 pm

I can't seem to find the embassies on the mfm that I downloaded just last week. How come it doesn't appear on the map as a POI? I was thinking the embassies would be a pretty big thing. Thanks.

disc2la
Contributor

Re: Just wanna report...

Postby disc2la » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:16 pm

is this what u are looking?...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User of Nuvi 260w

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:20 pm

When I click embassy under point of interest, I found few embassy laying there. Not all embassy are in mfm. May be you start by contribute the embassy poi for us to update.

Wonder what device are you using? How to you search embassy poi?
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

Immortal25

Postby Immortal25 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:27 pm

Well recently had to go to the US embassy...typed that in search -> spell name and nothing came out. Typed Unites States Of America Embassy and nil either. so did American Embassy. And then i searched under community (govt offices) and nil as well. Finally got the road address on google maps and then typed the nearest building in and got near the embassy, looked at the mfm and there was an empty area there, not the US embassy? The Menara Hup Seng or something was there but not the embassy. How come?

disc2la
Contributor

Postby disc2la » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:35 pm

is this what u are looking for??

try searching USA embassy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User of Nuvi 260w

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:52 pm

Immortal25 wrote:Well recently had to go to the US embassy...typed that in search -> spell name and nothing came out. Typed Unites States Of America Embassy and nil either. so did American Embassy. And then i searched under community (govt offices) and nil as well. Finally got the road address on google maps and then typed the nearest building in and got near the embassy, looked at the mfm and there was an empty area there, not the US embassy? The Menara Hup Seng or something was there but not the embassy. How come?

After reading your post above, I check on my gps... Bingo... USA Embassy confirmed in MFM 110418 map.
What map are you using??
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

disc2la
Contributor

Postby disc2la » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:07 pm

i think bro immortal maybe type the wrong word...he didnt search "usa" instead search american or united stated of america
User of Nuvi 260w

Immortal25

Postby Immortal25 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:09 pm

I'm using the MFM 110418 as well. And yeah now I just tried searching and I got it already. Thing is, I typed USA like u guys did...but when I typed US...no match was found. I think the search function in Garmin needs a lot of improvement/tweaking?

Immortal25

Postby Immortal25 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:09 pm

disc2la wrote:i think bro immortal maybe type the wrong word...he didnt search "usa" instead search american or united stated of america

You're right bro... :frus:

vash_h

Postby vash_h » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:34 pm

Immortal25 wrote:
disc2la wrote:i think bro immortal maybe type the wrong word...he didnt search "usa" instead search american or united stated of america

You're right bro... :frus:

thats y i always search in mapsource, find the name used in mfm map, then only search on my garmin.
<-My Blog: HaroldChia.com->
<-MFM MAPS + Garmin Nuvi 50LM + Papago Z1 + Garmin Nuvi 205w + Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 ->

Return to “MFM Custom POI Feedback”