Custom POI download - Road Junctions (v2.5)

Feedback for our road information and food recommendation POIs

Moderators: wwloon, alharis299, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our custom POIs
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
stratman2
Valued Contributor
Location: P. Jaya with Garmin Nuvi 310, eTrex Vista HCx and HTC Incredible S + PapaGo X5 :-)

Custom POI download - Road Junctions (v2.5)

Postby stratman2 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:27 am

Hi all,

Updates to my road junction custom POI. :D

What is it?
It's a large compilation of T-junctions and intersection networks in rural areas and surrounding areas of small towns. Why junctions? Because accidents do occur at junctions, especially on trunk and B-roads. In addition, it also serves as useful navigation for night time driving. :)

Changes from Version 2:
- 2001 junctions and intersections located in Peninsular Malaysia.
- Proximity alerts @ 350m
- Includes junctions that in rural areas and small towns
- Custom waypoint icon.
- Voice alerts for all Nuvi and Zumo models.

How to install:
a) Download the attached .rar file to your computer.

b) Select one of the GPI files depending on your Nuvi model. If your Garmin device can play MP3, choose the the MP3 version for its smaller footprint. Nuvi 2xx users must use only the WAV format. Audio announcement alerts do not work with GMXT devices, but you can install the MP3 version for its smaller file size :(

c) Copy the desired file preferably into your external SD file, into the \Garmin\POI folder. If you have installed my previous version, delete the old GPI file from your SD (or internal memory) manually.

d) Reboot your unit. Your Nuvi will detect new data on card and press "OK".

e) If you have an external SD card, when prompted to copy the gpi file into your device?, tick "Don't ask me again" and choose "No". You can also copy it into your Nuvi's internal RAM if you choose so, but if your SD card is inserted all the time there's no need to.

f) This cPOI can be found in the "Extras->Custom POI" menu for 200-series Nuvis and "My Locations->Custom POIs" for Nuvi 300-series.

Hope this is useful to you. \:D/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cheers,

Stratman II

Return to “MFM Custom POI Feedback”