Too Loud Ding Dong Sound

Feedback for our road information and food recommendation POIs

Moderators: wwloon, alharis299, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our custom POIs
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
zuree
Valued Contributor

Too Loud Ding Dong Sound

Postby zuree » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:54 pm

hi bro,

thanks for your effort on custom poi alert..very good.i only want to give feedback on ding dong sound. i normally set my nuvi voice volume to 70%..but custom poi alert (road junction) is too loud and crack my nuvi speaker..so i have to decrease vol to 60%, but cannot hear turn by turn voice guidance clearly. can u make some modification on the ding dong sound? :thumbsup:

thanks

SOSweet

Re: Too Loud Ding Dong Sound

Postby SOSweet » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:43 pm

The Ding Dong sound and the voice guidance are of different frequency. So even with same volume, you will feel the Ding Dong sound lounder than the voice prompt. My solution for you : go for a hearing test if you can't hear the low volume. Must be too much of loud music thru headphone. Another way is to switch off you car audio. :mrgreen: :peace:
HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar
Do More - Exercise & Good Deeds

zuree
Valued Contributor

Postby zuree » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:14 pm

SOSweet wrote:The Ding Dong sound and the voice guidance are of different frequency. So even with same volume, you will feel the Ding Dong sound lounder than the voice prompt. My solution for you : go for a hearing test if you can't hear the low volume. Must be too much of loud music thru headphone. Another way is to switch off you car audio. :mrgreen: :peace:

bro Sauce_Sweet, no need to go for hearing test la. my ear is ok. even if u drop a needle on the floor i still can hear :mrgreen:

SOSweet

Postby SOSweet » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:19 pm

Bro, it is good to hear that your hearing is perfect. :thumbsup: I just wanted to tease you. :peace: BTW, I think lowering your car's audio volume may help.
Yes, the Ding Dong sound is annoying but can't be help. It is to alert you just in case you missed it.
HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar

2uk3y

Postby 2uk3y » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:43 pm

i guess the ding dong sound and the voice command need to rearrange the volume level... so who make the sound need to lower the ding dong sound so that its will same volume with the voice command... i can try to help if want to \:D/

SOSweet

Postby SOSweet » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:28 pm

=D> =D> =D> :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar

singawon
Valued Contributor

Postby singawon » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:37 pm

Sometimes not becos it is loud or not....imagine you driving along highway and listening to your music....sikali...DONG DONG, you scare to death mann......@#$%$$^^&***()&#@#$..... :frus: :ko: :fire: :lol:
诸恶莫作 众善奉行 自净其意 是诸佛教

SOSweet

Postby SOSweet » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:21 pm

It serve its purpose : alert you to watch out for something. :thumbsup:
HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar

norwadi

Postby norwadi » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:33 pm

singawon wrote:Sometimes not becos it is loud or not....imagine you driving along highway and listening to your music....sikali...DONG DONG, you scare to death mann......@#$%$$^^&***()&#@#$..... :frus: :ko: :fire: :lol:

It's good when you're sleepy. :lol: :lol:

stratman2
Valued Contributor
Location: P. Jaya with Garmin Nuvi 310, eTrex Vista HCx and HTC Incredible S + PapaGo X5 :-)

Postby stratman2 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:04 am

zuree wrote:hi bro,

thanks for your effort on custom poi alert..very good.i only want to give feedback on ding dong sound. i normally set my nuvi voice volume to 70%..but custom poi alert (road junction) is too loud and crack my nuvi speaker..so i have to decrease vol to 60%, but cannot hear turn by turn voice guidance clearly. can u make some modification on the ding dong sound? :thumbsup:

thanks

Hi bro,

I need the extra loud alerts because I always listen to Dream Theater music in my car with the volume at "16". I have a 12" subwoofer with twin 300-watt amps in my car. My front Recaro seats also resonate at low frequencies at that volume and there ain't no feelin' like it.

Since I also play the 6-string bass like my idol John Myung (and have the exact bass that he endorsed) does, I need to hear the sub-60Hz frequencies or it ain't music to me.

Hence, my voice navigation prompts also match the loudness of my alerts. :finga:

(There's a quiet version in some of my cPOIs. Hint: Use the GMXT format instead)

:rox:
cheers,

Stratman II

Return to “MFM Custom POI Feedback”