SG Custom POI Download - SG Redlight Cameras

Feedback for our road information and food recommendation POIs

Moderators: wwloon, alharis299, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our custom POIs
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
ccplim
Valued Contributor

SG Custom POI Download - SG Redlight Cameras

Postby ccplim » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:55 pm

Dear members,

I have finally completed the compilation of Redlight Camera Alerts CPOI for SG and the files are really to be shared with the community. =D>

Features :
  • Over 200 individual cam alerts
  • Directional alert
  • 2 different custom icon size to choose from based on individual preference

Installation procedures :
  1. Download the zipped file with the type of audio format (Wave, MP3, or voiceless) corresponding to your unit or preference.
  2. Extract its contents to you computer.
  3. Each zipped file contains two individual file. One with big icon and another one with small icon. (Refer to topic “File naming convention” below)
  4. Choose the desired GPI file based on your personal preference and copy the file into \Garmin\Poi folder on either your unit’s main memory or memory card.
  5. You will need to create the “\poi” folder manually if it doesn’t exist.
  6. Once you have copied the file over, reboot your unit. If you installed the GPI file onto your SD card, the device will prompt you that it has found new extra data. When prompted to copy the file onto your device, tick “Don’t ask me again” and select “No” / ”Skip”. The device does not need to have the GPI file in the internal memory (unless you often change between different cards or remove your memory card) as it is able to read the GPI file(s) directly from the memory card.
  7. Ensure that your unit’s Custom POI alerts are turned on and your audio settings set to either “Continuous-All Alerts” or “Continuous Tone”.

Which file should I use for my device?
SG Redlight Camera Alerts are being compiled with different audio formats so as to cater for different Garmin PND. You only need to download the one which is suitable for your device.

• Wav version : For 2xx, 14xx series
  • MP3 version : For 3xx, 6xx, 7xx series, Zumo, and Nuvifone only
  • Voiceless version : For Handhelds, Mobile XT, or those who do not want any voice prompt on their nuvi

File naming convention :
File naming for the individual SG Redlight Camera Alerts are named with the icon size, audio format, and date of release in the following format :-

MFM_SGRC_X1_X2_yymmdd.gpi

Whereby :
X1 (icon size) : Consist of either a “B” or “S”, in which “B” = Big icon (21x18) and “S” = Small icon (14x10).
X2 (audio format) : Consist of either a “W” or “M”, in which “W” = Wav and “M” = MP3. (This field will not be present in the "Voiceless" version.)
yymmdd : Date of release in year, month, day format.

Known issues and limitations :
  • Custom icon not showing up on 765 Sing/Mal version
    It has been tested and confirmed that the custom icon embedded in the SG Redlight Camera Alerts CPOI do not show up on 765 Sing/Mal version (as at firmware version v2.30). This appears to be a firmware issue which is beyond our control.
  • Receiving alerts on opposite direction on certain roads
    Despite efforts being put in to produce alerts which are as accurate as possible, there will be areas where you will still receive alerts on the opposite direction. This is mainly due to :-
    • Limitation of the application that we use to generate the CPOI.
    • Nature of how the roads are being drawn on the map.
    • Position accuracy during time of travel.
    • Road/Map shift
      • I have come to noticed that there seem to be some slight shifting of roads between different map versions. I have no idea what actually causes this but it may affect the accuracy of the alert at times due to the close proximity of the alerts.

Credits and Acknowledgements :
I would like to thank bro Stratman II for his kind guidance on CPOI making and also to bro Chuah and bro Chaicka who have been helping with the ‘on the road’ testing.

I hope you will enjoy the alerts and do kindly notify me of any errors, updates or omissions. In addition, as this is my first attempt in creating CPOIs, suggestions and feedbacks for further improvements are also welcome. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ccplim on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ccplim
Valued Contributor

Change Log

Postby ccplim » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:56 pm

2009-12-06
  • Initial release

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: SG Custom POI Download - SG Redlight Cameras

Postby silverbeauty » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:31 pm

:good: bro ccplim :good: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

uncle wong
Regional Mapper
Location: Kuala Lumpur - Selangor - Johor I did not have a GPS device

Postby uncle wong » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:00 pm

:good: :tq: :champ: :prayer:
Enjoy the GPS’s life!

chaicka
Polygon Mapper

Postby chaicka » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:11 am

Swee, Bro CP. Nice write-up plus the naming convention. Looking forward to inclusion in MFM main weekly release.

Yoz... since our last comm, you have finally managed to get the directional working?

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:42 am

:thumbsup:

:tq:

255w
Contributor

Postby 255w » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:57 am

Thanks. Do you have one for SG Speed Cameras/Traps?

chaicka
Polygon Mapper

Postby chaicka » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:51 pm

255w wrote:Thanks. Do you have one for SG Speed Cameras/Traps?

Not yet. It was hard work for CP to release the Red Light Cameras. Speed Cameras will gonna wait but I believe it's under development.

It would help a great deal if the community starts submitting the POIs (in .gdb format).

tresca

Postby tresca » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:09 pm

thanks for the effort. btw, any different than stratman Redlight Traffic Cams (v1.7)?

ccplim
Valued Contributor

Postby ccplim » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:20 pm

chaicka wrote:Swee, Bro CP. Nice write-up plus the naming convention. Looking forward to inclusion in MFM main weekly release.

Yoz... since our last comm, you have finally managed to get the directional working?

Thanks bro!

The directional is not something that we can control as this is limited by the application. I am just taking a little step further to try and 'bypass' this limitation :-'

Return to “MFM Custom POI Feedback”