GPS location for schools in Malaysia

Feedback for our road information and food recommendation POIs

Moderators: wwloon, alharis299, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our custom POIs
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
amamat
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker

Re: GPS location for schools in Malaysia

Postby amamat » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:57 pm

Just to bring the tread forward. The gdb file of all schools in Malaysia is in the 1st post. Perhaps it could guide members when tracking.

topedo1
Valued Contributor
Location: Rawang-Kundang-Seremban-PortDickson-PasirPanjang-Malaka (Garmin nuvi 1350)

Postby topedo1 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:57 am

some school location is wrong... btw.. i will try to track it

karlbum
Valued Contributor

Postby karlbum » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:48 pm

The gdb is never intended as a definitive guide. more as a guide because it was obtained from thr ministry and i doubt all schools have gps hehehhehe
The Journey NEVER Ends....

so make sure u don't get lost :p

astika

Postby astika » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:46 pm

karlbum wrote:as i've said before this need verification, because i can only guess where KPM/MOE got its data, and that is probably old data. AFAIK they use it on google maps, so need to take that into account. i'll cook up a Google KML in a bit for verification.

probably we can weed out the problematic schools by comparing it with the data/poi already in the map and keeping only new schools and then we can alter their locations as the report comes in..

---
hopes this clears up my due contributions eheheh

Hi ! I'm newby.. after download, where to put this file to my garmin folder? Is it in POI? Thanks O:)

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:01 pm

astika wrote:
karlbum wrote:as i've said before this need verification, because i can only guess where KPM/MOE got its data, and that is probably old data. AFAIK they use it on google maps, so need to take that into account. i'll cook up a Google KML in a bit for verification.

probably we can weed out the problematic schools by comparing it with the data/poi already in the map and keeping only new schools and then we can alter their locations as the report comes in..

---
hopes this clears up my due contributions eheheh

Hi ! I'm newby.. after download, where to put this file to my garmin folder? Is it in POI? Thanks O:)

Most of them are updated in the latest Map.
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

Return to “MFM Custom POI Feedback”