MFM Speedtrap cPOI version 3.8 (3-Feb-2009) is now available for download.
speed trap points.
- Corrected some errors in the previous version (thanks to the various MFM contributors responsible)
- 1,000 meter proximity alert.
- Smaller custom icon (16x16 pixels).
- Separate audio alerts indicating the speed limit for that zone
- Voice-less format for GMXT users and Nuvi owners who prefer the default GPS tone.
- Voice announcement for all Garmin Nuvi/Streetpilot/Zumo and compatible models.
1. Download the zipped file and extract its contents.
2. Choose one of the GPI files. Nuvi 2xx users must install only the WAV version
. GMXT, eTrex Legend/Vista users and those who prefer the original Nuvi alert tone should use the GMXT file instead. MP3 playback capable Nuvi users (such as the 300, 600 and 700-series) can use the MP3 format for its much smaller size.
3. Copy the desired GPI file into either your unit or memory card. The folder must be named "\Garmin\POI". If it doesn't exist in your SD card, create the folder manually.
4. Ensure that your unit's alerts for Custom POIs are turned on and the audio settings set to "Continuous-All Alerts".
Caveats and disclaimers:
a. This POI is based on speed trap areas locations and speed limits as submitted by GPSr contributors. No guarantee is implied as to the accuracy or validity of the exact locations.
b. Speed trap waypoints that were originally placed in between dual carriage way highways and not indicated which way they face are assumed to be facing either way, so you will get alerts from both directions.
c. The police do not have fixed points of speed traps for long. They are smart enough to move their cameras to different positions and vary their operations from time to time.
e. Please drive responsibly. Do not misuse this POI for your public road racing exploits.
f. By downloading this POI and installing it in your device, you agree to indemnify the author of any consequences arising from the use of this POI.
Please feedback me any errors or omissions and I will correct them in the next release.How to submit your contributions or corrections:
Please attach a Mapsource POI file in GDB or GPX format
containing the location of the trap camera. Appreciate if you could also highlight the route or stretch of road. All coordinates compiled via Mapsource should be in the Grid format Lat/Lon hddd.dddd°.
You can change the default format in Mapsource. Click Edit->Preferences->Position and change the Grid format accordingly. Qualifications for contributions/corrections:
- All contributions must have the coordinates in the format Lat/Lon hddd.dddd°.
You can change the default format in Mapsource. Click Edit->Preferences->Position and change the Grid format accordingly.
- Contributions without coordinates but vague descriptions of trap locations, e.g. "I think the stretch between Alor Gajah exit and Kulai should be 90km/h" will be rejected.
- Please indicate the correct speed limit
for that particular stretch of road/expressway. If you can, state whether the trap is set both directions or for one direction (e.g. northbound, eastbound, southbound, towards town, etc).
- Only speed trap POIs
for Peninsular Malaysia and Sabah/Sarawak are accepted.
Download Latest Version v5.2 here viewtopic.php?p=173633#p173633