Minor updates to the MFM-School Zones cPOI.
Credits go to fellow MFM members for their POI contributions, especially bro Fauzee. What is it?MFM-School Zones
is a Garmin cPOI to create awareness of school zones, mostly in the rural and small town areas which are close to main trunk "A" and "B" roads. Priority is given to primary schools where kids play outside their school gates or attempt to cross the road when school's over. Schools in built-up areas like cities tend to have speed bumps, so they are left out.Features:
- At present, contains 1057
school zone alert points scattered over Peninsular Malaysia
- Alerts only when you exceed 60 km/h,
otherwise your GPS won't bug you.
- Bi-directional proximity alert.
- Short 250-meter proximity radius
- Custom icon.
- Lowered volume of chime alert
- Voice announcement for all Garmin Nuvi/Streetpilot/Zumo and compatible models.
Alternative version without voice announcements. Suitable for GMXT devices and Nuvi users who just want the default "ding ding" sound.Installation Procedure:
1. Download the zipped file and extract its contents to your computer.
2. Choose one of the GPI files. Nuvi 2xx users must install only the WAV version
. For GMXT and Etrex Legend/Vista users, use the GMXT version instead.
3. Copy the desired GPI file into either your unit or memory card. The folder must be named "\Garmin\POI". If it doesn't exist in your SD card, create the folder manually.
4. Reboot your unit. If you had installed the GPI file into your SD card, your Nuvi will inform you that it has found new data. When prompted to copy the file into your device, tick "Don't Ask Me Again" and select "No". Your Nuvi doesn't need to have the GPI copied to your internal memory - it can read GPI files directly from the external card.
5. Ensure that your unit's alerts for Custom POIs are turned on and the audio settings set to "Continuous-All Alerts".Known issues:
- Triggering of alerts will depend on external factors: your vehicle speed, your real-time GPS accuracy, whether your Garmin is announcing prompts and internal delays caused by your GPS device.
- Voice announcements will not work on Garmin Mobile XT models due to its software limitations.
- There's no known way to set calendar and time parameters into Garmin cPOIs, therefore you may not need this POI during school holidays.
Hope you find this useful.