Custom POI Download - Police Speed Traps (V5.2)(120406)

Feedback for our road information and food recommendation POIs

Moderators: wwloon, alharis299, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our custom POIs
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
tuah
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker

Re: Custom POI download - Police Speed Traps

Postby tuah » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:42 pm

Bro stratman,

I've tested the file given, the result is the same.
Here is the error msg:
"Read access violation at data address 0x08F64074,
Program address 0x00171484 in background
thread NULL (GfxFieldWindowProc)"

](*,)

stratman2
Valued Contributor
Location: P. Jaya with Garmin Nuvi 310, eTrex Vista HCx and HTC Incredible S + PapaGo X5 :-)

Postby stratman2 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:34 pm

tuah wrote:Bro stratman,

Here is the error msg:

](*,)

Bro Tuah,

Sorry to hear about your predicament. All my custom POIs are generated via the standard POI Loader - all the speed trap POIs don't differ from any other, except for the coordinates and names/comments.

I can't fathom why you're getting memory access violation (sounds like your OS/GMXT might be corrupted). :-k

BTW, since you drive along that route frequently, can you confirm whether the police still conducts speed trap operations in that particular location? :mrgreen: If there aren't any, then I will remove the POI and you shouldn't get this problem again. :)
cheers,

Stratman II

stratman2
Valued Contributor
Location: P. Jaya with Garmin Nuvi 310, eTrex Vista HCx and HTC Incredible S + PapaGo X5 :-)

Postby stratman2 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:36 pm

To those seeking updates to the Police Speed Trap custom POI, you can download the latest version here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=986&p=14812#p14812

:tq:
cheers,

Stratman II

tuah
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker

Postby tuah » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:49 am

stratman2 wrote:
tuah wrote:Bro stratman,

Here is the error msg:

](*,)

Bro Tuah,

Sorry to hear about your predicament. All my custom POIs are generated via the standard POI Loader - all the speed trap POIs don't differ from any other, except for the coordinates and names/comments.

I can't fathom why you're getting memory access violation (sounds like your OS/GMXT might be corrupted). :-k

BTW, since you drive along that route frequently, can you confirm whether the police still conducts speed trap operations in that particular location? :mrgreen: If there aren't any, then I will remove the POI and you shouldn't get this problem again. :)

Hardly see them. But i think let it be as a reminder :)

wah6996

Postby wah6996 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:46 am

SpeedTrap in kampung kepayang
and the road is run 60km not 80kM
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by wah6996 on Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stratman2
Valued Contributor

Postby stratman2 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:59 am

wah6996 wrote:SpeedTrap in kampung kepayang

Duly noted. :tq:
cheers,

Stratman II

wah6996

Postby wah6996 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:12 pm

GOPENG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

msports
Polygon Mapper
Location: Kajang, Pantai Hillpark, KL, Bangi, Putrajaya, Kota Tinggi

Postby msports » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:41 pm

wah6996 wrote:SpeedTrap in kampung kepayang

Bro Stratman!

Last week on Monday, there is a speed trap on operation at Persiaran Utara (N2 57.470 E101 43.000). :fire: Luckily I'm putting my GPS on and Speed Trap POI gave me early warning... thanks to bro stratman & antyong. save my :$gone: Usually I just ignore the warning but on that day my 6-sense tell me to slow down... I'm so fortunate, Mr P was there! :tease: A lot of other vehicle without GPS loaded with MFM+CPOI must be getting a ticket on the way.

But,

Some correction to be made, Persiaran Utara speed limit was increase to 80km/h and no longer 70km/h.
msports/// : nuvi710, nuvi255W, GMXT on 5800 & N97, PAPAGO X7 (R6600), latest on Nuvi3790 & always on mfm

stratman2
Valued Contributor

Postby stratman2 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:00 am

msports wrote:
Bro Stratman!

Last week on Monday, there is a speed trap on operation at Persiaran Utara (N2 57.470 E101 43.000). :fire: Luckily I'm putting my GPS on and Speed Trap POI gave me early warning... thanks to bro stratman & antyong. save my :$gone: Usually I just ignore the warning but on that day my 6-sense tell me to slow down... I'm so fortunate, Mr P was there! :tease: A lot of other vehicle without GPS loaded with MFM+CPOI must be getting a ticket on the way.

But,

Some correction to be made, Persiaran Utara speed limit was increase to 80km/h and no longer 70km/h.

What else is new with Mr PDRM? :-# When festive seasons are around the corner, they'll start their "Ops Ang Pow" and find whatever possible excuse to tap into your wallet. :fire:

Case in point: As far as I can remember there has never been a road block along Jln Dato Abdul Aziz in Section 14 PJ. I can vouch for this as I travel along this road from the Dataran 3-2 Square around midnight, almost daily for the past year. Ironically late last year I totally forgot that my road tax had expired for over a month and drove with a lapsed road tax. I was just fortunate that no road block operations were conducted during the time. :ko:

Since last week, I was caught off guard by the road block (I yanked my seat belt and fastened it just in time, lol). Sometimes I'd drive different cars and they would give me funny looks each time they see me going past. I'd just roll down the windows and turn on my interior lights. (I got nothing to hide, see?)

One of them thought I wanted to talk to him and he asked, "Nak ke mana, encik?" and I just replied, "Balik rumah...ada masalah ke?" Seeing that he couldn't pin me down for any offence, he just waved me off. :tease:

Thanks for the correction to the Jln Persiaran speed limit, appreciate it. :good:
cheers,

Stratman II

msports
Polygon Mapper
Location: Kajang, Pantai Hillpark, KL, Bangi, Putrajaya, Kota Tinggi

Postby msports » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:42 am

Talking about speed trap...

I personally don't understand the way Mr PT in Malaysia doing their work... (it must be in relation with their intellectuality) I've been in most of the developed country, except USA. They do have a speed trap... but the purposed is to educate the motorist and only summon them when they brake the law after been given a warning for a couple of time in few hundred meter to the speed trap location. The reason why they did the speed trap is just to warn the motorist of a dangerous locations or in where often happen an accident. Normally they will put a camera warning sign at 500m, 300m and 200m to the speed trap location to warn the motorist to slow down for safety reason. And when we reach at the location, we can see the policemen when they are in operation (not hiding behind trees or under the bridges) or even be just a speed trap camera. The sign is permanently there, and it was fixed at the lamp post for good visibility.

But, think over the speed trap in Malaysia... what they have been doing is just not other then a punishment without doing an educating approach first. Not all the speed trap area in POI was located at a dangerous location. Not to count that some of the speed limits is just a ridiculous and un-reasonable. To me, Malaysia the speed trap, especially manually operated, is just for the purposed of ROBBING public's money? :$gone: :fire: It is not an accusation but it is a stupidity!!!
msports/// : nuvi710, nuvi255W, GMXT on 5800 & N97, PAPAGO X7 (R6600), latest on Nuvi3790 & always on mfm

Return to “MFM Custom POI Feedback”