MFM-Garmin 110117 Feedback

Archive for previous discussions and feedback which are not relevant currently due to MFM's progress

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

sobamy
Polygon Mapper

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 110117

Postby sobamy » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:47 pm

This “antidote” is specially prepared for Nuvi 1xxx series. I hope it works for you.

Your device is displaying the message “Loading…” during power up, and is in a stand-still mode. This points to a file that is used to update your device may have become corrupted.

To fix this problem, please follow the steps listed below to remove the update file from your device on a PC. Please do not be hasty in your performance.

1. With the nuvi powered off, press and hold the upper left hand corner of the touchscreen with your finger
2. Continue to hold the touchscreen while pressing and releasing the power button on the device. The Garmin Logo should display.
3. Continue to hold the touchscreen while connecting the device to your computer
4. After 30 seconds the screen should flash white. At this point release the touchscreen. A green progress bar should display on the device. After the progress bar completes (45-60 seconds) the device should go into Mass Storage mode with the picture of a computer tower on the display of the device.
5. From your computer click the Start Menu
6. Open 'My Computer'
7. Right click the Garmin nuvi drive that appears in My Computer
8. Left click 'Explore'
9. Input ".system" (without quotations) into the Address bar and press enter.
10. Locate the offending file, which is the updated map in IMG extension. Left click to highlight it, and then delete it
11. Safely remove your device from your computer using the Safely Remove Hardware program in your computer's system tray.
12. Do a normal re-start.

If this fails, then go back and do Step 1 to Step 9.

In Step 10, locate the file "GUPDATE.GCD". Left click to highlight it, then delete it.

Next, follow Step 11 & 12.

If all these fail, then follow Bro Jason Lee’s advice, and give your device a holiday in Garmin Taiwan.

Good luck...
~~ freely receive ~ freely give ~~

beamcruiser

Postby beamcruiser » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:39 pm

This is crap.. I've been trying to download maps for a while now (many weeks actually) but my download always stops about 10% or so... is it because I refuse to be a premium downloader? In my opinion, MFM is no longer a genuine free map provider anymore... I supposed $$$ is the root cause...

alharis299
Champion Polygon Mapper
Champion Polygon Mapper

Postby alharis299 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:02 am

beamcruiser wrote:This is crap.. I've been trying to download maps for a while now (many weeks actually) but my download always stops about 10% or so... is it because I refuse to be a premium downloader? In my opinion, MFM is no longer a genuine free map provider anymore... I supposed $$$ is the root cause...

I'm also not a premium member, but I can download this MFM Maps in 23 minutes only.

chanrakter

Postby chanrakter » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:14 am

beamcruiser wrote:This is crap.. I've been trying to download maps for a while now (many weeks actually) but my download always stops about 10% or so... is it because I refuse to be a premium downloader? In my opinion, MFM is no longer a genuine free map provider anymore... I supposed $$$ is the root cause...

Forum rules no. 1 applies

Be nice to each other, free map pun mau cakap macam macam ka?
Apalah punya orang....

sotong1977

Postby sotong1977 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:00 am

jovially wrote:downloaded the file but norton deleted due to WS.Reputation.1.
Any suggestion?

the file can be found under Quarantine of Norton IS. Select the file and Click restore to return it to the download folder.

sanadi

Postby sanadi » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:24 am

I don't understand what is the problem people have with downloading. I downloaded maps for every week and have never had any problems.

I doesn't matter whichever server it brings me to... I can download them fine.

But I do not use download manager. That could be cause of the problem people are having.

I am just using home streamyx btw

gpsfan

Postby gpsfan » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:50 am

sanadi wrote:I don't understand what is the problem people have with downloading. I downloaded maps for every week and have never had any problems.

But I do not use download manager. That could be cause of the problem people are having.

saya pun..

zuree
Valued Contributor

Postby zuree » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:51 am

sanadi wrote:I don't understand what is the problem people have with downloading. I downloaded maps for every week and have never had any problems.

try using broadband in certain area or outside town..see can download or not? =P~

yoladu
Valued Contributor

Postby yoladu » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:31 pm

Dunno ? Can ask, people here will help.

When you enter the download page, you can keep refreshing the page and it will direct you to a different server. If FileServe Server requires you to be a Premium Member, then hit the REFRESH or RELOAD the page.

Previously I only use SG Server #1 but dunno why MFM don't use that anymore, Now I use MediaFire Server which is more user friendly than MediaFire Server or FileServe Server.

Hope you can withdraw your comments, and show more appreciation to the service provided by MFM. However, you can always buy original City Navigator Map.
Contribute exclusively to MFM. MSM don't get it !

alkbar

Postby alkbar » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:33 am

problem while downloading via hotfile..no download happen but this msj is appear at hotfile --->

You are currently downloading..

Free users are allowed to only one parallel download..

Return to “Archive (Garmin)”