MFM-Garmin 120716 Feedback

Archive for previous discussions and feedback which are not relevant currently due to MFM's progress

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Schuan

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 120716

Postby Schuan » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:42 am

Erm , 2 questions from a newbie here:

1) why cant I see lane assist or Junction view using this map? Should I use garmin NT for it?

2) What is the different btwn cGPSmapper and Garmin NT?

jusbella
Contributor

Postby jusbella » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:05 pm

Schuan wrote:Erm , 2 questions from a newbie here:

1) why cant I see lane assist or Junction view using this map? Should I use garmin NT for it?

2) What is the different btwn cGPSmapper and Garmin NT?

Yes u should use NT version because NT stand for New Technology, which contain lane assist and Junction.

cGPSmapper is basic only, cannot compile Junction and lane assist..

alexyyw

Postby alexyyw » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:40 pm

I'm a newbie,

When I generated the map from MFM-Garmin 120716.exe, I can see C:\Garmin\Malfreemaps\gmapsupp.img get created. However, I can't see junction view from this map. Any idea how to enable that in Garmin Nuvi 40 LM?

I put the gmapsupp.img at sdcard\Garmin.

ace
Valued Contributor

Postby ace » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:51 pm

alexyyw wrote:I'm a newbie,

When I generated the map from MFM-Garmin 120716.exe, I can see C:\Garmin\Malfreemaps\gmapsupp.img get created. However, I can't see junction view from this map. Any idea how to enable that in Garmin Nuvi 40 LM?

I put the gmapsupp.img at sdcard\Garmin.

You are confused.

See the reply above your post.

The map, with the Junction View, are downloaded from Garmin website. Not from here.

The one available weekly from our website here, the one you generated, is compiled using 3rd party compiler (you can see this is so because of the section this thread is in). This map version does not have junction view function.

dewabunian

Postby dewabunian » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:21 am

All,

I have a small problem which I would like to see if anyone else have. I have both the latest NT map (just released) and this map release. I discovered something interesting - when I use the NT map, there's junction view, and the direction all work (For example, it will tell me that the next left turn is 1 km away, with the voice saying the same thing) So, no surprises here.

However, when I change the map to the latest release, something else happens. First, the JCV doesnt work. Also, after calculating the route, the voice just said 'Please follow highlighted route', and then become silent for the rest of the journey. Also, the distance to next junction is no longer noted (no indication the next turn is 1 km away). I see this with all version of the map.

What I did was untick the NT Map, tick the downloaded map, tick the POI, tick the CityNavigator in the above instance.

Am I the only one with this problem, or is this common?

Is there a workaround this?

Thanks.

ace
Valued Contributor

Postby ace » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:16 pm

dewabunian wrote:.....However, when I change the map to the latest release, something else happens. First, the JCV doesnt work.

I hope you guys took sometimes to read the previous posts.... it is the same question as the one above but just ask in a different way.

That said, you are taking a orange and compare it to an apple...They are both fruits but they are different type of fruits.

The MFM Garmin NT map is generated by Garmin (with MFM data).... read it again....it is by GARMIN. If you have update the map from the initial .10 release, you would have go to Garmin website to download, and not in MFM.

We did not generate the NT map because we do not have Garmin's machine to do it.

So the weekly MFM map is generate using a 3rd party machine to do so... With this machine, there is NO junction view, NO lane assist. No fancy stuff. Just plain simple routing.

dewabunian wrote:....What I did was untick the NT Map, tick the downloaded map, tick the POI, tick the CityNavigator in the above instance.

Am I the only one with this problem...

I would say Yes, you are the only one with the problem.

Now if I understand your description of the problem....

You have ticked two maps. The MFM and the City Navigator.

Imagine that the house have two masters.... one wants to go left, and one wants to go right.

Which direction should you follow? Well the device choose to remain silent.

We have impressed on users to only use one map at any point in time.

If I'm wrong in making the assumptions, please provide more detailed info on how to replicate the error in order to ascertain and solve the problem..
Last edited by ace on Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

huwasmie

Postby huwasmie » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:51 pm

:tq: :good: :rox: :thumbsup:

dewabunian

Postby dewabunian » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:59 pm

"If I'm wrong in making the assumptions, please provide more detailed info on how to replicate the error in order to ascertain and solve the problem..[/quote]

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your kind help. I can understand why you can get so flustered when a newbie ask a basic question. I can assure you that your time is not wasted, as I highly appreciate your time and answer. If I can offer a weak defence - I read many pages and cant find the solution as the others were describing the problem differently. I thought they were not related. It is not major - I just turn off the mapper's map and I can navigate with few months old data, and seldom get lost.

I will try to untick City Navigator (I thought this has nothing to do with the main map) and report to you if I got the same error.

Thank you.

ace
Valued Contributor

Postby ace » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:54 pm

dewabunian wrote:Dear Sir,

Thanks for your kind help. I can understand why you can get so flustered when a newbie ask a basic question. I can assure you that your time is not wasted, as I highly appreciate your time and answer. If I can offer a weak defence - I read many pages and cant find the solution as the others were describing the problem differently. I thought they were not related. It is not major - I just turn off the mapper's map and I can navigate with few months old data, and seldom get lost.

I will try to untick City Navigator (I thought this has nothing to do with the main map) and report to you if I got the same error.

Thank you.

You are welcome... :thumbsup:

Just to assure you.... You are one of the better newbie. You have given description of the problem in one post that allows us to diagnose the possible cause of your problem. :-'

And I hope I've dispense the right "medicine".. :mrgreen: And I hope it works.. :-'

dewabunian

Postby dewabunian » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:46 pm

[/quote]

You are welcome... :thumbsup:

Just to assure you.... You are one of the better newbie. You have given description of the problem in one post that allows us to diagnose the possible cause of your problem. :-'

And I hope I've dispense the right "medicine".. :mrgreen: And I hope it works.. :-'[/qu

Dear Sir,

Yup, your suggestion work like charm. Your time is not wasted as I learn something new today. I wish there's a thank button so you really know that your input is valuable. No one pays you a single cent to reply, but the fact that you do says a lot about your love for this.

Again, thank you.

Return to “Archive (Garmin)”