MFM-Garmin 091130 feedback

Archive for previous discussions and feedback which are not relevant currently due to MFM's progress

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

alyem
Regional Mapper

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 091130

Postby alyem » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:23 pm

johnhawk83 wrote:I'm having problem to route to some places especially from Johor to KL with shorter distance setting.This problem only occur with latest maps not with version MFM1.70.Wondering if new maps can only route with faster time setting.Thank you in advance for any clarification.

1-Any example... like from where to where, give us a point.
2- What Gevice are you using?
3- What map are you using?
4- Set with fastest time.
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

kelvinkcc

Postby kelvinkcc » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:31 pm

kelvinkcc wrote:can i know why i cant search address? in the search address, it only showed spell state (1 of 5), what i should put in? even though i put road name, state name, no result found

any 1 encounter this?

for your info, i am using Garmin XT 5.00.40, and malfreemaps 090914

PLS ADVISE THANKS.

drsec
Location: Subang Jaya, (Nuvi255W, GMXT on HTC HD2 & Diamond, Nuvi360, Navman F20, PaPaGo X5 on WM6.5)

Postby drsec » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:43 pm

kelvinkcc wrote:
kelvinkcc wrote:can i know why i cant search address? in the search address, it only showed spell state (1 of 5), what i should put in? even though i put road name, state name, no result found

any 1 encounter this?

PLS ADVISE THANKS.

Please update your map to the latest version i.e. 091123

There was a spate where MFM map releases has issues with the POI and address search.

kelvinkcc

Postby kelvinkcc » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:35 pm

drsec wrote:
kelvinkcc wrote:

any 1 encounter this?

PLS ADVISE THANKS.

There was a spate where MFM map releases has issues with the POI and address search.[/quote)

i only seen there is a latest version 091130, however, i try to download but cant tick the 'include route calculation data'

can you give me the link or teach me some step to resolve it? thanks.

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:29 pm

kelvinkcc wrote:i only seen there is a latest version 091130, however, i try to download but cant tick the 'include route calculation data'

You been posting at the latest map topic and you never download and you are talking about Old Map. Then your posting should be in Newbies.

On the 1st post in this topic it did show you how to download.
Or you can read on this topic.. MFM-Garmin Installation Step by Step Guide
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

drsec
Location: Subang Jaya, (Nuvi255W, GMXT on HTC HD2 & Diamond, Nuvi360, Navman F20, PaPaGo X5 on WM6.5)

Postby drsec » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:54 pm

kelvinkcc wrote:
drsec wrote:

There was a spate where MFM map releases has issues with the POI and address search.

i only seen there is a latest version 091130, however, i try to download but cant tick the 'include route calculation data'

To resolve the problem just download and install the map 091130 and transfer it to your device. It is as simple as that. All the instructions and information you require are on the first page of this thread. Help yourself.

I dont know where 'include route calculation data' comes from. I have downloaded the map so many times and install it on GMXT and have never seen that option.

I have just run the installation process and I did not see any option to tick labeled "include route calculation data" at any time during the process.

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:37 pm

drsec wrote:I dont know where 'include route calculation data' comes from. I have downloaded the map so many times and install it on GMXT and have never seen that option.

He must be referring to the procedure on transferring maps via Mapsource.

Bro Kelvinkcc, just follow the above advice to transfer maps using MFM installer instead. However, if you'd prefer to send the map using Mapsource, just ignore the part where you would have to tick "Include route calculation data" because the option is disabled (greyed out) in MFM mapset.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

drsec

Postby drsec » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:48 pm

dvpro wrote:
drsec wrote:I dont know where 'include route calculation data' comes from. I have downloaded the map so many times and install it on GMXT and have never seen that option.

He must be referring to the procedure on transferring maps via Mapsource.

Bro Kelvinkcc, just follow the above advice to transfer maps using MFM installer instead. However, if you'd prefer to send the map using Mapsource, just ignore the part where you would have to tick "Include route calculation data" because the option is disabled (greyed out) in MFM mapset.

Thanks for clearing that up. I suspected as much.

To Bro kelvinkcc and newbies, I really really do strongly recommend that you start off with using the installer to create the map, then copy and paste the map into the device. It is actually that simple. It does avoid complications that may arise from using MapSource.

And another advise, is to describe the problem in full so that others may be able to help a lot better with the information provided.

lengkuasa

Postby lengkuasa » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:37 am

tq for ur hardworking....tq

johnhawk83

Postby johnhawk83 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:58 pm

alyem wrote:
johnhawk83 wrote:I'm having problem to route to some places especially from Johor to KL with shorter distance setting.This problem only occur with latest maps not with version MFM1.70.Wondering if new maps can only route with faster time setting.Thank you in advance for any clarification.

1-Any example... like from where to where, give us a point.
2- What Gevice are you using?
3- What map are you using?
4- Set with fastest time.

1. Example...From Segamat (Johor) to National Library in KL (most places in KL)
2. Garmin Mobile XT
3. MFM-Garmin-091123
4. Only faster time setting works.

Return to “Archive (Garmin)”