My ASEAN Free GPS Map Project

Free Galactio, Garmin, iGO Primo, Papago and Polnav map for Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, Indonesia and Thailand
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:48 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours





Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 111107
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:34 pm 
Offline
Polygon Mapper
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:59 pm
Posts: 5480
Location: Alor Setar Garmin Nuvi 255W
sobamy wrote:
Some anti-virus programs use heuristic scanning technology, and usually gives a "false-positive" reading. You can disable this feature in your anti-virus software. Alternatively, disable the "Antivir Guard". After installation, enable it back.

I installed MFM-Garmin with AVG anti virus on my Desktop PC, and have no problem. Using the same MFM-Garmin to install in my Notebook with Avira anti virus, I get the virus error message. I then disabled the Avira anti virus prior to the installation of the map, then enable it back. Hope this helps... Cheers.


When you disable your antivirus, you are allowing 2 viruses into your computer system. Are you sure. [-X

:rox:


Top
 Profile  
 

Support Our Sponsor

Support Our Sponsor
 

 Post subject: Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 111107
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:40 pm
Posts: 358
alharis299 wrote:
sobamy wrote:
Some anti-virus programs use heuristic scanning technology, and usually gives a "false-positive" reading. You can disable this feature in your anti-virus software. Alternatively, disable the "Antivir Guard". After installation, enable it back.

I installed MFM-Garmin with AVG anti virus on my Desktop PC, and have no problem. Using the same MFM-Garmin to install in my Notebook with Avira anti virus, I get the virus error message. I then disabled the Avira anti virus prior to the installation of the map, then enable it back. Hope this helps... Cheers.


When you disable your antivirus, you are allowing 2 viruses into your computer system. Are you sure. [-X

:rox:


He means the virus is fake, thus it allow, at last nothing will happen, just normal..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 111107
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:41 pm 
Offline
Champion Polygon Mapper
Champion Polygon Mapper
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:41 am
Posts: 1248
Location: Singapore, JB.
Hi Ong,

This latest version is unable to calculate the distance of a route in my Garmin Zumo 550.

_________________
Garmin Montana 650; Nuvi 2575RLM; mfm


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 111107
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:52 pm 
Offline
Polygon Mapper
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:59 pm
Posts: 5480
Location: Alor Setar Garmin Nuvi 255W
adrianyujs wrote:
alharis299 wrote:
sobamy wrote:
Some anti-virus programs use heuristic scanning technology, and usually gives a "false-positive" reading. You can disable this feature in your anti-virus software. Alternatively, disable the "Antivir Guard". After installation, enable it back.

I installed MFM-Garmin with AVG anti virus on my Desktop PC, and have no problem. Using the same MFM-Garmin to install in my Notebook with Avira anti virus, I get the virus error message. I then disabled the Avira anti virus prior to the installation of the map, then enable it back. Hope this helps... Cheers.


When you disable your antivirus, you are allowing 2 viruses into your computer system. Are you sure. [-X

:rox:


He means the virus is fake, thus it allow, at last nothing will happen, just normal..


These virus are not fake, it's real, I just allowed it too, and my windows explorer is taking nearly a minute to display all folders.

:thumbsdown:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 111107
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:40 pm
Posts: 358
alharis299 wrote:

These virus are not fake, it's real, I just allowed it too, and my windows explorer is taking nearly a minute to display all folders.

:thumbsdown:


maybe just coincidence u got windows problem? or try restart ur pc and check it again.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 111107
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:42 pm 
Offline
Contributor

Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:24 pm
Posts: 322
Location: SG
alharis299 wrote:
These virus are not fake, it's real, I just allowed it too, and my windows explorer is taking nearly a minute to display all folders.

:thumbsdown:

Windows slow is not equal to virus.
Blame it on m$ :mrgreen:

Virus and trojans do something else.

Besides, those who didn't use Avira did not have any "virus" problem.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 111107
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 3
I am using Bitdefender Internet Security 2012, no virus detected.
I think it should be OK.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 111107
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:58 pm
Posts: 3
I think admin has to fix this virus problem ... maybe recompile it.

OR else I expect this thread will be going to be a very long one ... everyone just come back to complain the virus problem.


Last edited by hcyee on Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 111107
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:35 pm 
Offline
Polygon Mapper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:51 am
Posts: 1906
Location: Selangor - Garmin Nuvi 1350 Nuvi 2575R
I have just done an anti-malware scan using Microsoft's Malicious Software Removal Tool, and it confirmed that my Notebook which has MFM-Garmin and Avira anti virus installed are free from malwares.

You can download a free Microsoft's Malicious Software Removal Tool v4.2 from MS website below.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... g=en&id=16

Hope this helps.


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
~~ freely receive ~ freely give ~~

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 111107
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:07 pm
Posts: 31
Manage to download after deactivating Avira.

However, it is highly recommended that it is checked for virus free.
Frankly, the propose solution should not be the way to go forward.
This is shown to affect other users. As i indicated I NEVER had problem until this first time.
So, address the root cause

Thanks for feedback on another post checking it is not malware, virus.
This at least puts one at ease, but really appreciate clean uploads files to share!!

Appreciate all the downloads coming so far and keep it going.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group