Free Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei & Thailand Garmin GPS MapDisclaimer & Warranty
The map provided is on "as-is" basis, MFM provides no warranty & disclaims liability on any damages whatsoever arising from its use. DO NOT use the map if you do not agree to this condition!
MFM-Garmin 111226 is available for download from the servers below.
FREQUENT QUESTIONS1. My device lags or refresh very slowly when using MFM maps. What can I do?
Before travelling to or from Kelantan, please check your route and verify if MFM map recommends you the most appropriate route. Report at the link below if it doesn't
New! Solved long routing issue in Borneo which was unable to route from west part of Sarawak to east part of Sabah without via point since 20100823.
New! Added some roads & POIs in Laos & Vietnam from Bro Alyem since 20100802
New! Added detail Northern Thailand map from Bro KC* since 20100621
NEW IMPROVEMENTS ON MFM-GARMIN
Please refer to new features page for additional info.
- Link to Navnet map in Kalimantan
- Coverage of Southern Thailand
- Optional Chinese POI
- Improved SG Postal Code & Address map with instant search result
- New POI icons
- New POI categories with custom icons (soon)
- New MFM map generator with option to generate either Full or Lite version
- Coloured topo polygons are added into Full-version map
- New multi-language installer
- No more error when uploading map through Mapsource
MFM maps are easily distinguished from other maps due to our special features:
- Custom POI icons
- POIs are visible during navigation
- Attractive colors for area compound
- Different color scheme for day and night
- Improved "keep left/right" guidance at complex junctions
- Announcements of U-turns whenever possible (since v1.50)
- Improved recalculation sensitivity (since v1.50)
HOW TO INSTALL
Please refer to our Installation Guide
COMBINING WITH MFM TOPO MAP
Don't forget to download MFM-SRTM Free Topo Map also!
To report map errors, new/update POIs and roads, please post at the feedback forums:
- Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Kedah, Penang & Perlis
- Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Perak
- Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Kelatan, Terengganu & Pahang
- Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Kuala Lumpur & Selangor
- Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Negeri Sembilan
- Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Melaka
- Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Johor
- Tracklog, POI and error feedback for East Malaysia & Brunei
- Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Singapore
2. My Garmin device cannot read MFM map. What is the problem?
Try the potential solutions below:
- Set Map detail to "Normal" or "Less often"
- Delete all custom POIs (files with .gpi extension under POI folder)
- Exclude colored polygons when you generate MFM-Garmin map
- Donate your old GPS to MFM and get yourself a new one
3. Can I combine MFM and MSM maps?
From MFM v1.63 onwards, MFM map will be coded in a new format. Older devices such at GPSMAP 60CS or Garmin Que will not be able to read new MFM maps. Please use MFM v1.62
4. Why is my Garmin unable to display map for Perak, Selangor, KL, Negeri Sembilan and the east coast states?
You can. There are various ways and results from these ways. Refer to and post questions at Combine MFM & MSM
Because you have uploaded MFM and MSM map together and there is a Map ID clash. Either remove one of the maps or make sure you edit MSM's map ID.5. How do I create Mal/SG map for my Garmin device with MFM-Garmin-09xxxx.exe?
6. My map goes blank except for POIs then the roads appear again. What should I do?
Method 1: Click "yes" when prompted "Do you wish to create a gmapsupp.img?" at the end of the installation process. This is the recommended way.
Method 2: Use Mapsource to upload the maps.
Refer to our installation guide
for more guidance.
Solution is possible if you use Method 1 (refer to Q&A 3) to create your Garmin map. Go to Tools->System->Map->Map Info and uncheck the MFM POI map and MFM Road POI map (if any).7. Can I use this map if I have another brand of GPS or navigational device?
NO8. Can I use my own map icons and colors?
. MFM map supports only Garmin devices. If you have a Papago device, please download MFM-Papago
Answer wrote:9. Is updating my map weekly necessary?
NO. You can visit MFM to get the latest map as and when you like. Our weekly release is mainly for members who are involved in updating our maps. Various contributors get to see their work within a week or two. Chances of errors not detect or duplication of work is minimized.10. Why can't MFM provide an update log for the benefit of users?
11. Why are convenience store listed under "Fuel"?
Each new release incorporates hundreds of individual updates to our maps. We don't have the resources to record and compile a detail update log. To identify the changes to your area of interest, use GPSMapedit
to visually compare the gmapsupp.img files.
NEW FEATURES ON MFM-GARMIN1. New SG Postal Code & Address Map
Categorization of POIs is controlled by Garmin. Click here
for further explanation.
MFM's new SG Postal Code & Address map allows users to search for address or postal code. Currently, there are over 21,000 postal codes in our database.
Searching for postal code with house number keypad:
Searching for postal code in address field:
Searching for address:2. Option to generate MFM-lite version
MFM-Lite has been incorporated into MFM-Garmin. You can generate the lite version using MFM's map generator at the end of the installation process. Just check the "Exclude colored polygons..." box.3. Proper annoucement of U-turns
Garmin now recognise our maps' left-hand traffic direction. It will ask users to "Make a U-turn" instead of "Turn right then turn right". Our mappers will be updating their maps to conform to Garmin's U-turn standard. If you encounter an U-turn which is not announced properly, please feedback to us.
Because of the change in traffic system, you are advised to turn off (uncheck) U-turn avoidance for better route suggestions. -->
At Nuvi's main menu, press Tools, Setting and then Navigation. You will see the screen on the top left. Press the Avoidance button. Ensure U-turn avoidance is unchecked.
MFM Custom Icon Reference:
Feedback for older versions are archived at our Project Room Archive
The weekly release of MFM-Garmin map is primarily for our contributors to check their contributions. You can assume that each release is a test version. If you prefer to use a stable version, just hold on your download for a day or two and observe the feedback of our members.