MFM-Garmin 091130 feedback

Archive for previous discussions and feedback which are not relevant currently due to MFM's progress

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

eaglef18

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 091130

Postby eaglef18 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:19 pm

dvpro wrote:Just to be sure you're using a non-corrupted GMAPSUPP.IMG, you can download GMAPSUPP.IMG for MFM091130 from that link.

BTW, there is another method to resolve corrupted map issue in Nuvi, that is by flashing to a firmware that has disabled the software from looking for IMG files when booting up. Anyway, you should try the above first before proceeding with the alternative.

Tried....still don't work.....can advise how to flashing the firmware? BTW, the GPS cannot hookup to PC.

jwkong

Postby jwkong » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:00 pm

Thank you so much...
well at least we all do it ourself...
hmmm... i always wonder how can i contribute to the club...
hehhehheehe...

fdjuliza85

Postby fdjuliza85 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:09 pm

I think I had the similar problem as Aeglef18.
After copying gmapsupp.img to garmin folder I can not restart my GPS (Nuvi 265).
It says "Loading waypoint" but freeze.

So I have to do hard reset (holding right bottom screen + off button at the same time) several times
lucky for me that I finally can connect to my GPS via PC then I deleted the latest map file ( version 20091130)
and reinstall the old one ( version 20091123) and it works again normally until today.

:D =D> =D>

I think there must be something wrong with the latest file. :-k :-k

Salam.

akmalnadzim

Re: real logo/icon for a prominent places e.g fuel station,banks

Postby akmalnadzim » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:26 pm

Why my garmin mobile xt using MFM-091123 doenst show a real logo / icon as it is deserved.

antyong wrote:MFM Custom Icon Reference:

Dahawk

Postby Dahawk » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:40 am

Bros,

i just installed my MFM,

i can search SG address, but im still stuck at europe maps.

1)Is my installation sucessful?

2)does anyone know how to turn on AGPS for Touch HD2 cause they keep saying waiting for more accurate GPS signal

3) I now have gmapbmap.img, gmapsupp.img(from MFM) & sw. Am i supposed to have the gmapbmap.img? Or can i delete it?

Thanks bros :)

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:10 am

akmalnadzim wrote:Why my garmin mobile xt using MFM-091123 doenst show a real logo / icon as it is deserved.

How was the map generated? Did you use the installer (MFM Garmin Map Generator)? If yes, which Map Display Customization did you choose?

I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

tks

Postby tks » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:46 am

1) the fact that you can now use your SG map suggest your installation is successful. As for Europe, did you install any Europe map with address search?

2) Waiting for more accurate GPS signal is a common indication. You need to be out in the open, and wait for some time, especially if you are uisng the device for the first time or after a long time of disuse.

3) gbmap.img is the world basemap. Shows the continents and the major, major roads only. Not useable for navigation. Used mainly for you to browse to regions, especially new countries. You can delete it if you don't need it. But no harm retaining it, since the map file is small.

Dahawk wrote:Bros,

i just installed my MFM,

2)does anyone know how to turn on AGPS for Touch HD2 cause they keep saying waiting for more accurate GPS signal

3) I now have gmapbmap.img, gmapsupp.img(from MFM) & sw. Am i supposed to have the gmapbmap.img? Or can i delete it?

akmalnadzim

Postby akmalnadzim » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:20 am

Sori bro. I'm newbie. How to get the installer (MFM Garmin Map Generator)?

dvpro wrote:
akmalnadzim wrote:Why my garmin mobile xt using MFM-091123 doenst show a real logo / icon as it is deserved.

How was the map generated? Did you use the installer (MFM Garmin Map Generator)? If yes, which Map Display Customization did you choose?

akmalnadzim

Postby akmalnadzim » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:38 am

Bro, thanks. I get it. Thankx for helping

dvpro wrote:

[/quote]

drsec
Location: Subang Jaya, (Nuvi255W, GMXT on HTC HD2 & Diamond, Nuvi360, Navman F20, PaPaGo X5 on WM6.5)

Postby drsec » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:47 am

Dahawk wrote:Bros,

i just installed my MFM,

1) Switch off or remove other maps

2) Press "Start", "Tools" and you will see the packaged "Quick GPS".

3) Cant add to the previous answer.

Return to “Archive (Garmin)”