Status of MFM SG map

Archive for previous discussions and feedback which are not relevant currently due to MFM's progress

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

singawon
Valued Contributor

Re: Status of MFM SG map

Postby singawon » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:43 pm

I think we should aware that we are here to learn and share, then share to learn... :mrgreen: , if we do the same as what had been done, then what difference are there?
诸恶莫作 众善奉行 自净其意 是诸佛教

edchuang (retired)
Regional Mapper (retired)
Location: Shah Alam (GMXT+i-Blue747 Logger, Holux GPSmile62 Pro)

Postby edchuang (retired) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:05 pm

tympg wrote:
jans_wkh wrote:Don't want to sound like sour grapes, but some "copyright trap" are overkill especially with the mapper's name written all over the polygon. :mrgreen: My 2 cents.

I think I know what you're talking about. Forgive him lah; still have yet to learn the "art of subtlety" :)

Walau......I think I am the one. Just checked my polygon drawing in v1.24 after read your post and found out my trap shown everywhere!!! :(
At last I noticed that the only trap I put in one of the big polygon had became multiple traps as the big polygon being split into multiple polygons in the new released v1.24, and the trap appeared in all the split polygons. I had deleted all and now only left with one.
Thousand apology. :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:
Not my intention though. :oops: Please accept my sincere apology.

tympg
Senior Mapper

Postby tympg » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:27 pm

edchuang wrote:Walau......I think I am the one. Just checked my polygon drawing in v1.24 after read your post and found out my trap shown everywhere!!! :(
At last I noticed that the only trap I put in one of the big polygon had became multiple traps as the big polygon being split into multiple polygons in the new released v1.24, and the trap appeared in all the split polygons. I had deleted all and now only left with one.
Thousand apology. :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:
Not my intention though. :oops: Please accept my sincere apology.

Hehe...not talking about you specifically lah :mrgreen:
But yes, we need to be a bit more discreet when putting our names to polygons...
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

edchuang (retired)
Regional Mapper (retired)
Location: Shah Alam (GMXT+i-Blue747 Logger, Holux GPSmile62 Pro)

Postby edchuang (retired) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:43 pm

tympg wrote:Hehe...not talking about you specifically lah :mrgreen:
But yes, we need to be a bit more discreet when putting our names to polygons...

Thanks Bro tympg. :tq:

particle
Valued Contributor

Postby particle » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:10 pm

SG map is not available in v1.30, hope it will be out soon. [-o<

davidcks

Postby davidcks » Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:19 pm

Ya, me too. Really hope it can be out soon.
so that we can all start contributing again. \:D/ \:D/

EastMushu
Valued Contributor

Postby EastMushu » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:32 pm

davidcks wrote:Ya, me too. Really hope it can be out soon.
so that we can all start contributing again. \:D/ \:D/

You can still contribute although the new SG map is not out. Use the last SG map included in v1.22.

Contribution doesn't have to stop even though the newer map is not availabvle. Although t's hard to contribute track logs without newer maps as we are not sure which and where that is not mapped yet but you could at least map park connectors, parks tracks and POIs as these are still in much needed updating.

Merry Christmas!!!

indrapr
Valued Contributor

Postby indrapr » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:44 pm

Seems that currently everyone is waiting for bro OngCC to re-draw the whole Singapore roads again, before we can see it back on MFM mapset.

Would it be possible for whatever map that bro OngCC has right now, to be included into MFM mapset? It's OK if it's just basic tracks only, e.g. just the expressways and major roads in Singapore (for aligning purposes). At least, we can start contributing again, based on whatever we have right now.

Therefore, bro OngCC can re-draw the SG map again based on our tracks contributions, rather than, for example, Jerome/MSM's map as a guide. We shouldn't let bro OngCC to do everything by himself.

No matter how sparse/incomplete the map is, I think should be OK to be included into the MFM mapset. The incompleteness will entice and encourage all SG users to start contributing again. Right now I believe many SG users (including myself) do not now where to start contributing again after the SG map is being deleted from MFM mapset.

Comments, anyone? :)

OngCC
Senior Mapper

Postby OngCC » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:26 am

Hopefully SG map will be out before CNY... \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs.
http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11630

keong8260
Regional Mapper
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)

Postby keong8260 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:29 am

OngCC, what is the status of SG map now?
Still busy "filtering"? :mrgreen:

Return to “Archive (Garmin)”