MFM-Garmin 100308 Feedback

Archive for previous discussions and feedback which are not relevant currently due to MFM's progress

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

dvpro

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 100308

Postby dvpro » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:40 pm

Not in MFM Garmin map, only supported in MFM Papago map.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

heartsdales

Postby heartsdales » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:45 pm

Oh...thanks for the answer. Can't wait for the days when MFM Garmin support junction view. =)

Btw,if I use MFM and MSM together,will the junction view works?
I'm using nuvi 255w anyway.

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:51 pm

You can install both maps but if you want JCV, MSM NT or City Navigator Sg/My NT needs to be enabled. And it's advisable to enable only 1 mapset* at any 1 time.

*A mapset may consists of a few maps, ie. MFM map may contain 2 or 3 maps.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

spy13

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 100208

Postby spy13 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:51 pm

antyong wrote:Hi members,

The weekly release of MFM-Garmin map is primarily for our contributors to check their contributions. You can assume that each release is a test version. If you prefer to use a stable version, just hold on your download for a day or two and observe the feedback of our members.

Does that mean that after a day or two an 'unstable" release will be stabilised (hence download on tues. or wed.), or in order to have a more stable release we have to download the next latest release (which supposedly is meant for contributors only) that would have addressed the problems of the previous release and thus become a stable release.

Perhaps that's why ppl keep on downloading the latest release because they think it is more stable than the last.

shawchyn
Valued Contributor

Re: Free Malaysia & Singapore GPS Map: MFM-Garmin 100208

Postby shawchyn » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:50 pm

spy13 wrote:Does that mean that after a day or two an 'unstable" release will be stabilised (hence download on tues. or wed.), or in order to have a more stable release we have to download the next latest release (which supposedly is meant for contributors only) that would have addressed the problems of the previous release and thus become a stable release.

Perhaps that's why ppl keep on downloading the latest release because they think it is more stable than the last.

The latest map is contain new/updated POIs, Roads, Tracks, and some other information. It is also may include some new features incoperate into the maps, so it might not be aways stable.

The release of the map won't be "modified" or "edited" until the next release. So, it will be the same file from Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, ... till the next release. :evil:
Snake Chia
http://appsblog.snakechia.com
http://www.nearby.com.my

pauke99

Postby pauke99 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:12 am

duke17 wrote:
pauke99 wrote:fast release...but every release also got this and that problem.
why not slow abit with no problem and stable release!

Hi paukee99,
Please use the previous version. You don't have to use the latest version if you are a user. The latest version is for contributors to test and check their contributions. :)

shawchyn wrote:
spy13 wrote:Does that mean that after a day or two an 'unstable" release will be stabilised (hence download on tues. or wed.), or in order to have a more stable release we have to download the next latest release (which supposedly is meant for contributors only) that would have addressed the problems of the previous release and thus become a stable release.

The latest map is contain new/updated POIs, Roads, Tracks, and some other information. It is also may include some new features incoperate into the maps, so it might not be aways stable.

The release of the map won't be "modified" or "edited" until the next release. So, it will be the same file from Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, ... till the next release. :evil:

previous version or other previous version also got this and that problem, even next release also will have some problem(hope not).
mind to ask... where can i download no problem mfm stable version?

cwyap
Valued Contributor

Postby cwyap » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:03 am

To me the most important thing is being able to find roads - that taken care of, the rest will fall into place nicely. Icons, while useful, do not form the backbone of any good road maps. I am very grateful to the mappers for coming out with accurate roads & routings which help me direct my colleagues to places.

So for those who laments about icons not being visible etc., be patient and let our great guys work on it.
Courage is not living without fear.
Courage is being scared to death and doing the right thing anyway.
- Chae Richardson

melvincyc

Postby melvincyc » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:01 am

MFM-Garmin 100308 is latest map?

Where is the link to latest map? cant find.....

9w2yon
Contributor

Postby 9w2yon » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:14 am

melvincyc wrote:MFM-Garmin 100308 is latest map?

Where is the link to latest map? cant find.....

u can find the links at the 1st page of this topic...

Operating Garmin Nuvi 255W SG/MY version with:
- SW 2.80

- MFM-Garmin map

keanhoe
Contributor
Location: Alor Setar / Pokok Sena, Kedah (nuvi 765 SG/MY, Papago M9 for Android)

Postby keanhoe » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:57 pm

cwyap wrote:To me the most important thing is being able to find roads - that taken care of, the rest will fall into place nicely. Icons, while useful, do not form the backbone of any good road maps. I am very grateful to the mappers for coming out with accurate roads & routings which help me direct my colleagues to places.

So for those who laments about icons not being visible etc., be patient and let our great guys work on it.

I fully agree. It's a learning process for everyone, even bro Antyong, I believe. Given time and more trial and errors, it will get better, I hope and believe.

In the meantime, I only download the latest maps to my mapsource to study, and only if I find big differences, do I download to my nuvi 765.
mfm - on the way to being the best community mapping project.

Return to “Archive (Garmin)”