F-NPM Feedbacks (Sep & Oct 2008)

Moderators: tympg, keong8260, Moderators, Regional Mappers

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Re: F-NPM Feedbacks (Sep & Oct 2008)

Postby JasonLee » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:30 pm

Dear Bro tympg,

Here is another feedback I highlighted at MSM in July (actually collected by you) but still remain unrectified in both MSM v2.30 as well as MFM v1.12.

Here is what I wrote at MSM:

For decades (perhaps since time immemorial) Penangites have always known this beach as Moonlight Bay and affectionately prefer to call it so. I have no clue if the name was indeed changed to GINTAN BAY BEACH (how unromantic compared to Moonlight Bay). My beef is if the name has been officially changed then at least our MSM v2.27 should show also the more popular name of MOONLIGHT BAY. I would be at a loss should I be asked where is Gintan Bay.

What is this Gintan Bay?

I would love to see MFM take the lead with this correction since MSM is not bothered.

Moonlight Bay.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lean not on your own understanding

FauSham
Location: Kelantan [Legend Cx / Nuvi 200(Damage) / Nuvi 760 / Nuvi 265W(New)]

Postby FauSham » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:53 pm

JasonLee wrote:
I would love to see MFM take the lead with this correction since MSM is not bothered.

Just think MFM like a BIG boat and we all as rower. Row our boat Jason...... together..... faster....
Our BIG boat may be.... become The Leader and win The Race.

If we just see and did't do anything and only know to blame another... we could loose in any game :D .

WELCOME TO MFM, JASON =D>
:rox:
FauSham @ Malaysia & Singapore Free Maps - MalFreeMaps
AMATEUR RADIO CALLSIGN: 9W2WFN

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:53 pm

Dear Bro Fausham,

Thank you for your welcome. Actually, I have been in MFM since Sept. 18.

I have decided to continue contributing to both MSM and MFM unless of course one of them does not value my contributions.

OngCC
Senior Mapper

Postby OngCC » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:29 pm

JasonLee wrote:Dear Bro tympg,

Here is another feedback I highlighted at MSM in July (actually collected by you) but still remain unrectified in both MSM v2.30 as well as MFM v1.12.

Here is what I wrote at MSM:

For decades (perhaps since time immemorial) Penangites have always known this beach as Moonlight Bay and affectionately prefer to call it so. I have no clue if the name was indeed changed to GINTAN BAY BEACH (how unromantic compared to Moonlight Bay). My beef is if the name has been officially changed then at least our MSM v2.27 should show also the more popular name of MOONLIGHT BAY. I would be at a loss should I be asked where is Gintan Bay.

What is this Gintan Bay?

Moonlight Bay.jpg
After your feedback in MSM, I already added another POI named Moonlight Bay Beach beside Gintan Bay Beach. Perhaps you need to zoom in further to see the POI if you still can see it at 70m level. :mrgreen:

You can refer to this for the name of Teluk Gintan.
Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs.
http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11630

tympg
Senior Mapper

Postby tympg » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:01 pm

Shell Dhoby Ghaut at N5.41199 E100.30932 has reopened for business under new management.

Thanks.

Done! 230 - OngCC
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

Luckyme

Postby Luckyme » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:31 pm

MFM v1.12
Find that all Mobil gas station don't have the Mobil logo on them. Is it against any copy right act? Pls delete it if it against it.
Thanks.
Attached is the Mobil logo. :rox:
Same thing goes for Citibank, solli don't know how to make it small :-? ](*,)

MFM v1.12
Find that all Mobil gas station don't have the Mobil logo on them. Is it against any copy right act? Pls delete it if it against it.
Thanks.
Attached is the Mobil logo. :rox:
Same thing goes for Citibank, solli don't know how to make it small :-? ](*,)

Wrong place to post. Please post here:

http://malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25

Anyway other people have posted these logos already.
- tympg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JasonLee
Regional Mapper

Postby JasonLee » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:20 am

OngCC wrote:After your feedback in MSM, I already added another POI named Moonlight Bay Beach beside Gintan Bay Beach. Perhaps you need to zoom in further to see the POI if you still can see it at 70m level. :mrgreen:

You can refer to this for the name of Teluk Gintan.

Dear Bro OngCC,

Indeed you have. Thank you.

At the maximum zoom level of 20m, I can see a second unlabelled POI which reads MOONLIGHT BAY BEACH & Gintan Bay Beach. Why is the label not seen until I hover my cursor over it? Will this be an issue in the device?

Moonlight Bay 01.jpg

jans_wkh
Valued Contributor

Postby jans_wkh » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:18 pm

Minor routing problem from J Masjid Negeri to J Tungku Kudin. Before reaching L Batu Lanchang, the device ask to keep right. For foreigners, they might think keep right to get ready for the traffic light right turning, as going straight, you don't have to keep right. :mrgreen:

tympg
Senior Mapper

Postby tympg » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:54 pm

jans_wkh wrote:Minor routing problem from J Masjid Negeri to J Tungku Kudin. Before reaching L Batu Lanchang, the device ask to keep right. For foreigners, they might think keep right to get ready for the traffic light right turning, as going straight, you don't have to keep right. :mrgreen:

Hi OngCC,

At around N5.39804 E100.30416, please demote the following three highlighted roads to Residential Road status to correct the problem as described by jans_wkh above:

20081020_tympg Hamilton ramps.PNG

Thanks.

Changed to residential road, 230 - OngCC

But I believe the angle these 2 roads split, the software will still ask you to keep right...

tympg
Senior Mapper

Postby tympg » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Reporting additional sections of roads in Island Glades (N5.38252 E100.30423) which are ONE WAY.

I had reported earlier that only the L Delima 6 section earlier but now realised that sections of L Delima 3 & L Delima 7 and the whole of L Delima 5 are also one way.
20081025_tympg Isl Glades One Way System.PNG

Thanks.

Done! 230 - OngCC

Return to “NPM Archives”