MFM-Garmin Map (cGPSmapper) Installation Step-by-Step Guide

Guides, FAQs, How-to, etc

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: MFM-Garmin Map (cGPSmapper) Installation Step-by-Step Gu

Postby silverbeauty » Sun May 27, 2012 9:39 am

derekwg wrote:
silverbeauty wrote:
derekwg wrote:Can anyone help me?...I been struggling for more than 4hours.
1)"Malsingmaps Malaysia/Singapore/Brunei NT2012.10" map normally store in which folder?
2)I installed the MFM map,installed and copy to F:Garmin,after that i turned on the 3790V,i can see only the buildings and POI but no streets no roads,how come?I tried reinstall and tick and untick several times for those map option and map customisation option...
3)When I only select Map NT2012.10,everything fine!

Pls help me...

Run MFM installer. After it ask you if you want to create map file gmapsupp.img, and you answer yes, it will prompt you to select options. Select ALL options ( most important is select exclude polygons )

For 3790, if it still do not display roads, go to MainMenu-Tools-Settings-myMaps- and unselect Apac ADEM file

Hi Silverbeauty,i only ticked the MFM map n POI,the APAC was unchecked....pls help me,what shld i do...

What do you want help on ? Your original question was for assistance to show roads. Your picture shows roads showing now. :-?
Also suggest you move MFM map file gmapsupp.img to SD card/garmin

derekwg

Postby derekwg » Sun May 27, 2012 9:52 am

Hi Huys,I managed the solve the map display prob.Now would like to transfer the JCV files to make it work.I explorered the files and found MySGMFM.jcv in F:\Garmin\.system,but i couldnt locate the "map\jcv",apparently in my F:Garmin\map,i can only find "gmapsupp.img" and nothing else.... :cry:

Move MySGMFM.jcv from map\jcv to .system\jcv as per steps from viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12624&start=20

samyeapbh

Postby samyeapbh » Sun May 27, 2012 5:55 pm

Hi all bro,

I just bought a new garmin nuvi 1350 and wanted to install Malaysia map. Generated the map and installed the gmapsupp.img into the SD drive.

For this model, I go to Map-> Info but nothing else except CN North America NT 2012.10 map.

Do anyone knows where to select the Msia map in this Garmin model?
I connected the garmin nuvi 1350 to PC and the file is located at F:\Garmin. Wonder what is wrong.

Please help.

tympg
Senior Mapper

Postby tympg » Sun May 27, 2012 6:40 pm

derekwg wrote:Hi Huys,I managed the solve the map display prob.Now would like to transfer the JCV files to make it work.I explorered the files and found MySGMFM.jcv in F:\Garmin\.system,but i couldnt locate the "map\jcv",apparently in my F:Garmin\map,i can only find "gmapsupp.img" and nothing else.... :cry:

Move MySGMFM.jcv from map\jcv to .system\jcv as per steps from viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12624&start=20

Please note, if you are using the MFM-Garmin 12xxxx map (cGPSmapper), there is no Junction View with this map.
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

tympg
Senior Mapper

Postby tympg » Sun May 27, 2012 7:00 pm

samyeapbh wrote:Hi all bro,

I just bought a new garmin nuvi 1350 and wanted to install Malaysia map. Generated the map and installed the gmapsupp.img into the SD drive.

For this model, I go to Map-> Info but nothing else except CN North America NT 2012.10 map.

I connected the garmin nuvi 1350 to PC and the file is located at F:\Garmin. Wonder what is wrong.

Please help.

Try renaming the IMG file to another name (example, MFM.img) and put this in the sdcard\map folder. See if it can be detected now?
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

snow leopard

Postby snow leopard » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:51 am

Map Gurus:
can some kind soul please advise how current is Malfreemaps 2012.10 from garmin.com.sg ? TIA!

tanss

Postby tanss » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:49 pm

tympg wrote:

Please help.

Try renaming the IMG file to another name (example, MFM.img) and put this in the sdcard\map folder. See if it can be detected now?

hello bro tympg, i have the same problem as samyeapbh, renamed IMG file as suggested, still the same, Map-> Info still shows only CN North America NT 2012.10 map. :-?
My model is Nuvi 40 i bought in US, just came back working there.
What else i can try? Appreciate any idea. Thanks.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:50 pm

tanss wrote:
tympg wrote:

Please help.

hello bro tympg, i have the same problem as samyeapbh, renamed IMG file as suggested, still the same, Map-> Info still shows only CN North America NT 2012.10 map. :-?

Try change SD card and see if this helps else put in in SD card/map directory.

tanss

Postby tanss » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:02 am

silverbeauty wrote:
tanss wrote:hello bro tympg, i have the same problem as samyeapbh, renamed IMG file as suggested, still the same, Map-> Info still shows only CN North America NT 2012.10 map. :-?

Try change SD card and see if this helps else put in in SD card/map directory.

THANK YOU silverbeauty bro, i changed to another SD and it works. Appreciate the tips !! :peace:

G K Lai

Postby G K Lai » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:42 am

I installed MapSource, so now what? :lol:
Can't open/load the map into MapSource, the file format it needs were not in MFM extracted directory. :ko:

Return to “Library”