How To Install Papago X5 To Android Tablets n Phones

Guides, FAQs, How-to, etc

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
yltan

Re: How To Install Papago X5 To Android Tablets n Phones

Postby yltan » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:16 pm

Hi,

I tried as per post 1 on my Asus Transformer but when I click the Papago icon, it show Papago Initial... then back to previous screen. Can't run the program. However, I didn't copy and rename but just rename the folder 480X854 into 600X1024 as per all those sub folder as well. Any help as I will be going to Thailand tomorrow.

alf

Postby alf » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:58 pm

Guys with HTC Sensation. Forget about installing it yet, as I just came from M3Asia and they say the res is not supported yet. They themselves tried it on my phone and said this. :cry: :cry: :cry: :thumbsdown:
Papago Z1, Nuvi 2792LM, Samsung Galaxy Note3 Dual SIM, Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.7, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 2014 Edition

bernardryan

Postby bernardryan » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:34 pm

It does work. You have to download Spare parts from Android market and do the compatibility thingy. Then rename all the highest resolution folders to 540x960

Should work, works on mine but the buttons are floating around on the screen cause the buttons are situated to suit the lower resolution and not the 540x960.

yusni

Postby yusni » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:58 am

Hello,

I have successfully installed the Papago X5 with full screen into my DroidPad.

Thanks for the Papago Map from MFM.

alexyyw

Postby alexyyw » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:02 am

good day all

I'm new to android. Today is my 3rd day with android.

I got my SG2.

I follow the steps as mentioned including the spare parts. But when I start my papago, it complain that it can't find map data from external storage

"Can not load map data from external storage"

in my external card

/NaviSEA/Maps/MALAYSIA/ --- i have 31 files that i downloaded from MFM for MFM-PPG-110705C

Why is it still complaining no map data?

alf

Postby alf » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:43 pm

Okay guys with the HTC Sensation this is how you do and got mine working finally;

Open Spare Parts (download the blue color one and not the brown one);
- Launch “Spare Parts” and scroll down to “Compability Mode”. Un-tick the box and tick it back.
- Reboot the phone.
- Launch “Spare Parts” again, scroll down to “Compatibility Mode” and un-tick the box.
- Reboot the phone again.
- DONE
Papago Z1, Nuvi 2792LM, Samsung Galaxy Note3 Dual SIM, Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.7, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 2014 Edition

pummkin

Postby pummkin » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:24 pm

I've got a Motorola Atrix 4G & with the Froyo, I got Papago X5 to work extremely well but since the Gingerbread updates last week to 2.3.4, the app is now unusable. Whenever I launch it, it gives me a "Unsupported Resolution: 480X720" message. While still in Froyo, I have renamed the folders to 540X960 & it worked, however, after the upgrade, all the folders miraculously renamed itself to 480X~ & I have to repeat the process all over again.

After trying Alf's suggestion below (and uninstall/reinstalling twice), I hereby confirm that it works, and my Papago is running smoothly again. Thank you, Alf! It looks like compatibility mode must be turned off.

alf wrote:Okay guys with the HTC Sensation this is how you do and got mine working finally;

Open Spare Parts (download the blue color one and not the brown one);
- Launch “Spare Parts” and scroll down to “Compability Mode”. Un-tick the box and tick it back.
- Reboot the phone.
- Launch “Spare Parts” again, scroll down to “Compatibility Mode” and un-tick the box.
- Reboot the phone again.
- DONE
If I'm not here, I'm underwater...!

www.pummkin.net

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Postby moeyhc » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:57 pm

alexyyw wrote:good day all

I'm new to android. Today is my 3rd day with android.

I got my SG2.

I follow the steps as mentioned including the spare parts. But when I start my papago, it complain that it can't find map data from external storage

"Can not load map data from external storage"

in my external card

/NaviSEA/Maps/MALAYSIA/ --- i have 31 files that i downloaded from MFM for MFM-PPG-110705C

Why is it still complaining no map data?

Sorry for the late reply. No idea why this happen. You may want to reinstall or re-download the installation file to be sure all is well. Hope this works for you.
Common Sense Is Not Common.

alexyyw

Postby alexyyw » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:09 am

I finally managed to install papago X5 to my SG2 but instead of storing NaviSEA folder at external card storage (/sdcard/external_sd/). I store in at root directory of the phone (/sdcard/), then it work. Don't tell me /sdcard/ is the root directory of the micro sdhc card. I read from some place it should be /sdcard/external_sd/, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I too experience frequent force_close due to some error. But overall it is usable.

Missing functionality of X5:
1. Unable to search by house number, only up to road name.
2. Unable to search by coordinates.
3. Unable to view current position coordinates.

Apart from that, it is quite fast.

I did not experience the re-routing issue. So far been tested it for 2 days. It re-route as needed when I decided not to use proposed route. Junction view is another useful features that I have not experience it before in GMXT.

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Postby moeyhc » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:30 am

Root directory is the high level directory. You "Cannot" go back further.... It normally has X:\yyyyy where yyyy is the directory or file name. The NaviSEA must be at the root directory of the SD card.

My procedure clearly states where this folder must be:

3. Copy the NaviSEA folder + PAPAGO_X5SEA_0806_WWEMarket.apk to your Android SD card root directory.

Try reinstalling the x5 if the force close persist... Hope this helps... Cheers!
Common Sense Is Not Common.

Return to “Library”