Custom messages & keyboard layout for various Nuvis

Guides, FAQs, How-to, etc

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Custom messages & keyboard layout for Nuvi 200s,700s & 1

Postby silverbeauty » Sun May 01, 2011 12:43 pm

Immortal25 wrote:Hi all, any cool layouts for nuvi 1460? 1st time trying to customize my nuvi :D

*Edit: I noted the post by Antyong but it's a kbd file and when clicked it open up as a html coding?*

Bro immorta25, that file is not zip. Just download and copy en_US.kbd into the Keyboards folder of your Nuvi drive

Immortal25

Postby Immortal25 » Sun May 01, 2011 1:08 pm

silverbeauty wrote:Bro immorta25, that file is not zip. Just download and copy en_US.kbd into the Keyboards folder of your Nuvi drive

Thanks bro :)

hust_noon

Postby hust_noon » Thu May 19, 2011 12:09 am

i tried this on my Nuvi 1240. But in my Nuvi, the files in Text folder are using the extension .glx if i'm not mistaken. Without thinking i just changed the .gtt extension to .glx, and now my Nuvi wont turn on. What should I do. Anybody can help. Any idea on how to factory reset the Nuvi or something. HELPPP....

hust_noon

Postby hust_noon » Thu May 19, 2011 12:28 am

Please. anybody has an idea how to fix my problem? i'm going on trip tomorrow. really need to use my gps unit. I screwed up big time. please, would really appreciate if somebody has an idea how to fix this.

my unit wont turn on at all. just display the garmin logo. and then automatically turn off again.

benson208
Valued Contributor
Location: Bukit Galena, Seremban (Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 2465, Wayway Q4331i)

Postby benson208 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:55 pm

I just modify and add the "/" button at the main page of qwerty keyboard.

see the picture below, hope can help who's is always use "/" button to search the address.

1) at the qwerty keyboard, press the globe icon.

2) then choose mfm english keyboard

3) u will see the "/" button at the main page.

I attach the files at the below. Just download then copy the MFM_US.kbd to the nuvi drive x:/Keyboards/
http://www.mediafire.com/?d4vzqpp3zca34s7

JUST FOR NUVI 2465.
some user feedback 2465,2567,2575,LM40&LM50 also can use. Use for your own risk. :mrgreen:

u all can modify yourself.
Use notepad++ to modify. Refer my edit file. All new nuvi is same.
if u want me help u to edit also can, u upload your en_us.kbd to me.
Last edited by benson208 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wwloon
Valued Contributor

Postby wwloon » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:19 pm

benson208 wrote:I just modify and add the "/" button at the main page of qwerty keyboard.

:tq: bro! I've been looking for this for quite some time and it works on my 2575R.

:good:

tympg
Senior Mapper

Postby tympg » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:18 am

For fun, I have just modified a British English keyboard for nuvi 2xxx series to add short-cuts to popular words in our MfM map.

To access the short cuts, press 'Alt' on the keyboard.

Short-cuts include:

Jalan
    Lebuh
    Lebuhraya
    Kampung
    Sungai
    Taman
    Bandar
    Bukit
    Batu
    Kuala
    Lorong
    Simpang
    Persimpangan
    Junction
    Intersection
    Bulatan
    Roundabout

Kbd-MfM.jpg

You can download here:
MFM GB Keyboard

Unzip the 7z file, and copy the KBD file to the nuvi drive under the \keyboards folder. Once you have copied my KBD file to your nuvi and you have restarted the nuvi in Garmin mode, go to Tools > Settings > Language > Keyboard Language and select "MFM English".

I have tested this keyboard on a nuvi 2465 and a 2575R, but I can't vouch for other models, although I would expect it to be ok with all the newer nuvi sets. If you're not confident it works on your model, please do not install this keyboard. This keyboard is provided as is and does not carry any warranty or legal obligation whatsoever.

NOTE: If you already have an British English keyboard in your unit, move the original file away from the keyboards folder to a safe place where you can retrieve it later on if needed (in other words, backup!).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

Return to “Library”