How to contribute POIs & Track by using Nuvi 1sec. Track

Guides, FAQs, How-to, etc

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
jovially

Re: How to contribute POIs & Track by using Nuvi 1sec. Trac

Postby jovially » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:25 pm

I have recently follow the post and successfully activated the track.
But in my Garmin\logs folder, i manage to delete the folders after transfer the track log into my PC. but one of the folder with special character (♠_____) can't be deleted.
anyone have any suggestion to remove this folder?
It keep giving me:
cannot rename file : file name, directory name or label with incorrect sytax error or
cannot delete file : file name, directory name or label with incorrect sytax error

I have tried software like unlocker etc but not successful.
Thanks

chaicka
Polygon Mapper

Re: How to contribute POIs & Track by using Nuvi 1sec. Track

Postby chaicka » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:38 am

Hi,

Does anyone knows how to 'housekeep' the track logs? Just delete the folders and contents under \Garmin\Logs folder?

ccpling
Valued Contributor

Postby ccpling » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:58 am

hi all,

i tried to track the new roads in the taman by enabling the 1sec tracklog. i can see the "20090712_081541" folder being created in the garmin\logs folder, but only have 2 files nav.bin and traffic.bin in that folder. the gps.bin file is missing. what steps i missed here?

thanks for the helps.

ccpling
Valued Contributor

Postby ccpling » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:19 pm

ccpling wrote:hi all,

i tried to track the new roads in the taman by enabling the 1sec tracklog. i can see the "20090712_081541" folder being created in the garmin\logs folder, but only have 2 files nav.bin and traffic.bin in that folder. the gps.bin file is missing. what steps i missed here?

thanks for the helps.

think i have found the issue, seems like the known issue on software version 5.10 as it was working fine on 5.00.

got to try out the suggestions posted here to see if that helps.

How to activate 1-sec tracklog on N2x0(W), 2x5(W), 7x0 & 7x5
http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1616

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:36 pm

chaicka wrote:Hi,

Does anyone knows how to 'housekeep' the track logs? Just delete the folders and contents under \Garmin\Logs folder?

My Logs are written to my SD card.

I MOVE them to a folder in my PC before converting to gpx files with wNutrak. After conversion, I open the gpx files in MapSource to edit (name and select a colour for the track log), join (merge) or just to delete the track points when the GPS was stationary (0 kph) and then save them as gdb files in my PC. Finally, I delete the logs that were moved to my PC.

You can devise your own housekeeping method.
Lean not on your own understanding

ccpling
Valued Contributor

Postby ccpling » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:05 pm

ccpling wrote:
ccpling wrote:hi all,

thanks for the helps.

think i have found the issue, seems like the known issue on software version 5.10 as it was working fine on 5.00.

got to try out the suggestions posted here to see if that helps.

How to activate 1-sec tracklog on N2x0(W), 2x5(W), 7x0 & 7x5
http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1616

after I have applied the patch to revert the software version from 5.10 to 5.00, and only realized that the gps.bin files were created under "debug" folder under garmin unit while i was on software version 5.10.

in short:
software version 5.10, the gps.bin file created under "\debug\20090712_033846\" folder
software version 5.00, the gps.bin file created under "\Garmin\Logs\20090712_033846\" folder

seems like i dont even need the patch, but just find the gps.bin file from the debug folder for 5.10.

i am using garmin 265w, not sure if anyone has the same experience before applying the patch?

lcs1788

Postby lcs1788 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:10 pm

want to ask..
wat is the Garmin version for the patches at "How to activate 1-sec tracklog on N2x0(W), 2x5(W), 7x0 & 7x5" Step 2

Link: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1616&p=25539#p25539

shump

Postby shump » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:31 pm

JasonLee wrote:
chaicka wrote:Hi,

My Logs are written to my SD card.

I MOVE them to a folder in my PC before converting to gpx files with wNutrak. After conversion, I open the gpx files in MapSource to edit (name and select a colour for the track log), join (merge) or just to delete the track points when the GPS was stationary (0 kph) and then save them as gdb files in my PC. Finally, I delete the logs that were moved to my PC.

You can devise your own housekeeping method.

how to make logs store in SD card..? For now its store on garmin. Did i have to make a new folder in that SD card..?
Garmin Nuvi 255w(US) - Back On Track Again

zamad
Valued Contributor

Postby zamad » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:02 pm

You'll have to choose the correct patch version. For my 205W, one saves into the nuvi, while the other saves into the SD. I chose the SD patch. The folder is auto generated. Please read the instructions carefully.
mfm : magnificent free maps
Garmin nüvi 2575RLM v2.80, Garmin 60CSx v4.00, Garmin nüvi 205W(patched), Papago R5800 X8.5, Qstarz Q1000P (Datalogger)
Retired: GMXT Palm T|X, nuvifone A10 v5.0.77, Garmin-Asus G60 v2.43, GPSlim236 (Datalogger)

shump

Postby shump » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:07 am

zamad wrote:You'll have to choose the correct patch version. For my 205W, one saves into the nuvi, while the other saves into the SD. I chose the SD patch. The folder is auto generated. Please read the instructions carefully.

i follow the instructions from the beginning..never miss 1 step. is that bcoz i used micro sd card with adapter..? Maybe it have to used SD card ka..?
Garmin Nuvi 255w(US) - Back On Track Again

Return to “Library”