How to install Garmin MobileXT into mobile & PDA phones?

Guides, FAQs, How-to, etc

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum

uncle wong
Regional Mapper
Location: Kuala Lumpur - Selangor - Johor I did not have a GPS device

Re: how to install garmin in mobile and PDA phones??

Postby uncle wong » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:33 pm

Phase 01 - Downloading the necessary files
Step 1 - Download to your computer the Garmin Mobile XT for Symbian S60 3rd/5th Edition
Step 2 - Download to your computer Garmin Mobile XT Free Basemap, Ver. 4.xx.xx
Step 3 - Download to your computer Garmin Mobile XT Support Files, Ver. 4.xx.xx
Step 4 - Download the latest malfreemaps (free Malaysia garmin map)
(This is a map of Malaysia and it is made free to download. No registration required! Should you be looking for free Garmin maps of other countries, Google is your best friend! Otherwise, you may also choose to purchase the official City Navigator maps from Garmin.) Buy Garmin

Phase 02 - Installing the applications
Step 5 - Connect your Nokia E71 / 5800 (via mass storage) or memory disk to your computer and make sure it’s detected by your computer.
Step 6 - Now, run the recently downloaded files on the computer, one after another, in this order:
1. v4.xx.xxx Support File,
2. v4.xx.xxx Basemap File
3. GMXT v5.xx.xx

Note : Some people actually may be wondering. What does it mean by ‘run the downloaded files’? Basically all you have to do is double click on the files and run the Setup. Each of the installers have a GUI (graphical user interface) for the installation to the memory card.

Step 7 - Disconnect the memory card/Mass Storage from computer. It’s time to configure Garmin on your phone. Go to your phone’s File Manager and find GarminMobileXT.sis at the root directory and install the .sis.
Note : If you can’t find GarminMobileXT.sis, sometimes it might be in File Manager >Garmin >Applications >Symbian >RES >GarminMobileXT.sis
Note : During this step you might get an expired certificate error. To workaround this, there are 2 solutions:
[spoiler]
1st solution = Do a soft reset of your phone by *#7370# with default lock code 12345
2nd solution = Either back date your phone date to an earlier time or check whether it is correct
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Soft Reset for your phone will erase all your phone data including your phone book contacts so please make a backup before you do it.[/spoiler]

Step 8 - After that, go to Applications> run Garmin Mobile XT. It won’t connect to GPS satelite yet, so just ignore it.
Step 9 - You should have received your device unlock code from the manufacturer of Garmin, however if you haven’t, there are instructions on the Internet to guide you on how to get yours. *Google it yourself*
NOTE : To use the internal GPS you would have to purchase the license from Garmin or an authorized dealer near you.

Step 10 - Copy the device unlock code and paste it in a notepad, then save the file as SW.UNL
Step 11 - Reconnect your via cable using mass storage.
Step 12 - Copy the SW.UNL file into \Garmin\ in your memory card
Step 13 - Then, run malfreemaps installer and copy gmapsupp.img into \Garmin\
(if you are unsure on how to install malfreemaps and get the gmapsupp.img file, check out this link.)
Step 14 - Disconnect your phone from your computer.
Step 15 - Go to Applications >Garmin Mobile XT >Settings >System >Remote GPS >Select ‘Use Attached/Built-in GPS’ >Enable and it’s all done.
Step 16 - Wait for satellite signal to strengthen and then you can start navigating around various places with confidence!
Enjoy the GPS’s life!

tks

Postby tks » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:58 am

I successfully installed for N95, E71 and E66, using GMXT 4.10.60s60.9. Working very well.

But which version and how to install for N97 and N98. I installed GMXT 4.10 onto N97. Installation successful but application cannot run.

tresca

Postby tresca » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:16 am

tks wrote:I successfully installed for N95, E71 and E66, using GMXT 4.10.60s60.9. Working very well.

But which version and how to install for N97 and N98. I installed GMXT 4.10 onto N97. Installation successful but application cannot run.

For nokia phone, the OS is Symbian. As for N95, E71 and E66, all these phone model is S60 3rd Edition, therefore you should install the GMXT v5.00.50 instead of 4.10.60 for best performance.

For 5800XM, N97, N97 mini (touch screen phone) which is S60 5th Edition, u must install GMXT 5.00.50 to work. Other version of GMXT would not able to perform in these phone model. Kindly take note also some of the newer nokia phone model would have some problem with the GMXT, since the nuvifone lauch, it come to the end of GMXT.

tks

Postby tks » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:49 am

Noted with thanks. Actually, I have tried v5 on my N95. I did not like it. I have since reverted to my v4.10 which I find to be more stable and possibly more suitable for my phone. Also, I never faced any problem. No lagging problem even with the latest full MFM map.

But I will try v5 on the newer phones. But this v5 is stated to be for S60 3rd edition OS? and not 5th edition?

tresca

Postby tresca » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:09 pm

tks wrote:....
But I will try v5 on the newer phones. But this v5 is stated to be for S60 3rd edition OS? and not 5th edition?

It stated 3rd edition, but in fact it support 5th edition.

If you can read chinese, u will find that the chage log from 5.00.30 onward the GMXT support 5800XM which is S60 5th edition. Refer the Garmin taiwan link http://www.garmin.com.tw/products/Garmi ... l.html#S60

AbieC

Re: How to install Garmin MobileXT into mobile & PDA phones?

Postby AbieC » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:20 pm

i have install the precedure following the instruction (using 5.00.50) into my n97. however. i got stuck. i cannot use my touch screen when i'm in the garmin xt application and to go to the setting to check my card id. What is the problem. how can i check my card id. without the card id no i cannot generate using the key gen. Anyone can guide me?

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:28 pm

AbieC wrote:i have install the precedure following the instruction (using 5.00.50) into my n97. however. i got stuck. i cannot use my touch screen when i'm in the garmin xt application and to go to the setting to check my card id. What is the problem. how can i check my card id. without the card id no i cannot generate using the key gen. Anyone can guide me?

Bro AbieC, please respect MFM Forum rule #6 at start of this thread

6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content [-X

wwyip81

Postby wwyip81 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:59 am

Can I use the same methods mentioned above to install the Garmin Mobile into my HTC Touch?

fruitplus
Polygon Mapper

Postby fruitplus » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:17 am

wwyip81 wrote:Can I use the same methods mentioned above to install the Garmin Mobile into my HTC Touch?

Basically you can use the same method as mentioned by Uncle Wong.
I always do it to my friends phone. :thumbsup:
Past + Present = Future

Return to “Library”