MFM-Garmin Map (cGPSmapper) Installation Step-by-Step Guide

Guides, FAQs, How-to, etc

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
sham2716

Re: MFM-Garmin Installation Step by Step Guide

Postby sham2716 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:37 pm

hello..

kenapa saya tak dapat copy fail gmapsupp (mfm090928) ke kad memory garmin. error copying fail or folder : The parameter is incorrect.. saya guna map mysn ver215

saya gunakan n95, garminmobilext5.00.60s60

sape boleh bantu??????

thankssssss.....

hello bro's...

:-' masalah dah selesai.... rupanya kad memory SD dah penuh... buang mana yang patut, biaq kosong skit.... install semula step-bye-step.. settle prob.... :peace: :champ: yes.....
anyway thankssss.....

linuxdude

Postby linuxdude » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:55 pm

Hi,

I must say this is an awesome guide.

I do however have some problems if i transfer the map to my garmin nuvi 255w using mapsource.

gmapsupp.img generated via installation
The gmapsupp.img generated through the installation works fine. Searching for addresses works fine, i can change country & region.

gmapsupp.img transferred via mapsource
The gmapsupp.img transferred through mapsource seems fine until i try to search for address, i am not able to "change country" or "select region", the button is not there at all for me to do this.

Does anyone else encountered this problem?

thanks!
DropBox - Online Storage & Sync -> https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTg5NjE0Nzk

bububang

Postby bububang » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:41 pm

Anyone can help me? i exactly using those step above. I tried step 1 and step 2. For installation map. But when i launch garmin xt it doesnt show any map.

But when i choose my data -> map. It does show garmin map installed on storage card. #-o

help.. ](*,)

drsec
Location: Subang Jaya, (Nuvi255W, GMXT on HTC HD2 & Diamond, Nuvi360, Navman F20, PaPaGo X5 on WM6.5)

Postby drsec » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:47 pm

bububang wrote:Anyone can help me? i exactly using those step above. I tried step 1 and step 2. For installation map. But when i launch garmin xt it doesnt show any map.

But when i choose my data -> map. It does show garmin map installed on storage card. #-o

help.. ](*,)

and you are using GMXT on .......?

Appreciate more info on your device please.

9w2yon
Contributor

Postby 9w2yon » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:29 am

linuxdude wrote:gmapsupp.img transferred via mapsource
The gmapsupp.img transferred through mapsource seems fine until i try to search for address, i am not able to "change country" or "select region", the button is not there at all for me to do this.

Does anyone else encountered this problem?

thanks!

mine is ok... able to change country...
Operating Garmin Nuvi 255W SG/MY version with:
- SW 2.80

- MFM-Garmin map

bububang

Postby bububang » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:20 am

drsec wrote:
bububang wrote:Anyone can help me? i exactly using those step above. I tried step 1 and step 2. For installation map. But when i launch garmin xt it doesnt show any map.

help.. ](*,)

and you are using GMXT on .......?

Appreciate more info on your device please.

My device is htc touch pro.

Garmin version is GarminXT 5.00.20w

drsec
Location: Subang Jaya, (Nuvi255W, GMXT on HTC HD2 & Diamond, Nuvi360, Navman F20, PaPaGo X5 on WM6.5)

Postby drsec » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:15 am

bububang wrote:

First and foremost, download the file.
Install the map on your computer, by double clicking on the downloaded file. Generate the gmapsupp.img
Connect your HTC Touch Pro to your computer using the USB cable provided by HTC.

You now need to do is to copy the file gmapsupp.img to the correct folder in your PDA.

The location of the correct folder is dependent on how the GMXT is installed on your PDA in tyhe first place.

If GMXT is "installed in your storage card", like mine, then the folder is ...\Garmin\ on your storage card.

Simply drag and drop the gmapsupp.img into that directory.

After you've done that, start up GMXT, go to Tools (Spanner Icon), Settings, Manage My Data, Map Sets, MapSource, ensure that both MFM-Garmin xxxxxx are checked.

See if you can now view the map, do searches for POI or Addresses. Please note that the latest version does have some issues on address and POI search for GMXT on WinMobile. So I recommend that you use the 090914 release.

Try this.

bububang

Postby bububang » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:34 pm

drsec wrote:
bububang wrote:

First and foremost, download the file.
Install the map on your computer, by double clicking on the downloaded file. Generate the gmapsupp.img
Connect your HTC Touch Pro to your computer using the USB cable provided by HTC.

You now need to do is to copy the file gmapsupp.img to the correct folder in your PDA.

The location of the correct folder is dependent on how the GMXT is installed on your PDA in tyhe first place.

If GMXT is "installed in your storage card", like mine, then the folder is ...\Garmin\ on your storage card.

Simply drag and drop the gmapsupp.img into that directory.

After you've done that, start up GMXT, go to Tools (Spanner Icon), Settings, Manage My Data, Map Sets, MapSource, ensure that both MFM-Garmin xxxxxx are checked.

See if you can now view the map, do searches for POI or Addresses. Please note that the latest version does have some issues on address and POI search for GMXT on WinMobile. So I recommend that you use the 090914 release.

Try this.

I did this.. This is my attached files.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fancheng
Senior Mapper

Postby fancheng » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:20 pm

bububang wrote:I did this.. This is my attached files.

You need to get Satellite signal first in open wide area (no tall building or a lot tree places).

bububang

Postby bububang » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:57 pm

fancheng wrote:
bububang wrote:I did this.. This is my attached files.

You need to get Satellite signal first in open wide area (no tall building or a lot tree places).

its really needed? But i can view map (basemap) even without getting any satellite signal..

Return to “Library”