MFM-Garmin Map (cGPSmapper) Installation Step-by-Step Guide

Guides, FAQs, How-to, etc

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
fancheng
Senior Mapper

Re: MFM-Garmin Installation Step by Step Guide

Postby fancheng » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:29 pm

bububang wrote:
fancheng wrote:
bububang wrote:I did this.. This is my attached files.

You need to get Satellite signal first in open wide area (no tall building or a lot tree places).

its really needed? But i can view map (basemap) even without getting any satellite signal..

Yes you need it, if not you drag the map view (normal default in U.S.) to your location then you see it. :mrgreen:

Peisqo

Postby Peisqo » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:26 am

Hi everyone .. I'm new here and have been reading alot regarding this great forum ... so far i've downloaded mapsource 6137 and also the latest map 091019 .. then i tried to upload the map to my nuvi 225w ... everything is successful but when i check in my gps .. there appears to have 2 of the same MFM map ... why like that ar ? Both have the same name .. i tried activate 1 by 1 .. 1 of them is normal and 1 of them is totally empty ( like no map ) .. is it supposed to be like that ?

Should I activate both maps or only the working 1? If it's the latter, how do i delete the empty map which seems useless? Thanks for the help

edit: omg new problem .. after I install the MFM map .. my nuvi can't detect the signal anymore ... i leave my nuvi outside of my house (clear land) for about 15 mins oredi now ... still only 2 red bar ... why like this ... helpppp

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:25 am

Peisqo wrote:Hi everyone .. I'm new here and have been reading alot regarding this great forum ...

Thanks for your support.
Peisqo wrote:so far i've downloaded mapsource 6137 and also the latest map 091019 .. then i tried to upload the map to my nuvi 225w ... everything is successful but when i check in my gps .. there appears to have 2 of the same MFM map ... why like that ar ? Both have the same name .. i tried activate 1 by 1 .. 1 of them is normal and 1 of them is totally empty ( like no map ) .. is it supposed to be like that ?

Should I activate both maps or only the working 1? If it's the latter, how do i delete the empty map which seems useless? Thanks for the help

That's normal, don't delete anything.

Peisqo wrote: edit: omg new problem .. after I install the MFM map .. my nuvi can't detect the signal anymore ... i leave my nuvi outside of my house (clear land) for about 15 mins oredi now ... still only 2 red bar ... why like this ... helpppp

There is no link between Map and statelite signal. Try turn off your GPS and restart again.
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

Peisqo

Postby Peisqo » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:57 am

alyem wrote:
Peisqo wrote:Hi everyone .. I'm new here and have been reading alot regarding this great forum ...

Thanks for your support.
Peisqo wrote:so far i've downloaded mapsource 6137 and also the latest map 091019 .. then i tried to upload the map to my nuvi 225w ... everything is successful but when i check in my gps .. there appears to have 2 of the same MFM map ... why like that ar ? Both have the same name .. i tried activate 1 by 1 .. 1 of them is normal and 1 of them is totally empty ( like no map ) .. is it supposed to be like that ?

That's normal, don't delete anything.

Peisqo wrote: edit: omg new problem .. after I install the MFM map .. my nuvi can't detect the signal anymore ... i leave my nuvi outside of my house (clear land) for about 15 mins oredi now ... still only 2 red bar ... why like this ... helpppp

There is no link between Map and statelite signal. Try turn off your GPS and restart again.

Hi thanks for the reply .. so do i need to tick both maps for MFM to work ? I really hope it's okay .. getting very worried ... tried to restart and still don't work .. will try again tomorrow

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:08 am

Peisqo wrote:Hi thanks for the reply .. so do i need to tick both maps for MFM to work ? I really hope it's okay .. getting very worried ... tried to restart and still don't work .. will try again tomorrow

It's ok to tick all.
For that statelite signal... it's happen to me too..sometime. Just have wait..
Clear sky, but sometime the position where u stand is not good for signal, just like handphone... :mrgreen:
You need to walk about :mrgreen:
73, 9w2yyl

plug&fly

Postby plug&fly » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:18 am

Hi I just acquired a Samsung Omnia 2. I installed my maps onto my phone and tried to use garmin xt but i could not get it to work. I can see the maps after some fiddling but keep getting scanning for bluetooth device. My question is did install the wrong gps software and if so which 1 should I use? Or is there something I need to do on the Omnia? Hope some kind seniors can help. Thanks in advance. I already have papago on holux gps6210x. Want to use the Omnia for backup.

alyem
Regional Mapper

Postby alyem » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:49 am

tok hitam wrote:saya dah cuba byk kali...pakai map lama ok cam biasa...masuk map baru hilang nak cari add tu...plzz help me...
gps Lokatoo a1000

Cuba tanya kat Topic Lokatoo..

Saya akan pindah post ini kat Topic Lokatoo. :tq:
73, 9w2yyl

hairul123

Postby hairul123 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:29 pm

alyem wrote:
tok hitam wrote:saya dah cuba byk kali...pakai map lama ok cam biasa...masuk map baru hilang nak cari add tu...plzz help me...
gps Lokatoo a1000

Cuba tanya kat Topic Lokatoo..

Saya akan pindah post ini kat Topic Lokatoo. :tq:

Hi,
I cannot TICK "Include Road Calculation Data" . Its Disable (grey Font/Background)
What did i miss?
Thanks

fancheng
Senior Mapper

Postby fancheng » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:53 pm

hairul123 wrote:Hi,
I cannot TICK "Include Road Calculation Data" . Its Disable (grey Font/Background)
What did i miss?on
Thanks

You can't tick "Include Road Calculation Data" is because you selected a non-routable map tiles.
Please follow the guide how to do it.

zeesum

Re: Problem selecting "include route ccalculation data" checkbox

Postby zeesum » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:04 pm

Hi,
i've installed mapsource, mapsource registry and MFM map into my computer, following step by step instructions to create garmin map using mapsource. However after selected the tiles as per guide, i can't check on the "Include route calculation data" box, it seem deactivated, why is it so? Please help...

pic.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Library”