MFM-Garmin Map (cGPSmapper) Installation Step-by-Step Guide

Guides, FAQs, How-to, etc

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
blackmask

Re: MFM-Garmin Map (cGPSmapper) Installation Step-by-Step Gu

Postby blackmask » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:55 pm

anyone pls help...

i got error message "Previous MapSource not found! Setup will terminate." after installed mapsource 6.16.3

wimbly

Postby wimbly » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:37 am

blackmask wrote:anyone pls help...

i got error message "Previous MapSource not found! Setup will terminate." after installed mapsource 6.16.3

See this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=735

50LM

Postby 50LM » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:55 pm

Can anyone help pls?

I'm able to log-in into MFM but when I clicked on the latest map update in this thread, it prompt that I was not authorised to read this forum.

I was able to access this morning but right now I have this error. Anyone facing the same problem?

Any other link where I can find what is the latest version of MFM-Garmin map available?

mkikhwan

Postby mkikhwan » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:05 pm

50LM wrote:Can anyone help pls?

I'm able to log-in into MFM but when I clicked on the latest map update in this thread, it prompt that I was not authorised to read this forum.

I was able to access this morning but right now I have this error. Anyone facing the same problem?

Any other link where I can find what is the latest version of MFM-Garmin map available?

Yes, I faced the exact same problem and message "...not authorised to read this forum" when I tried to download latest MFM Garmin map this morning. Did not have problem last time I logged in a month or so back. Can anyone help us?

yui

Postby yui » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:39 pm

i'm using nuvi 1350 and managed to use the gmapsupp.img by putting it into my own created "Map" folder.

At first I tried put in /Garmin/ folder with the 1 XML file, but no go. Then I put in the hidden .system file but no go also. Then I look at the .XML file in /Garmin/ folder and inside it has some details about where your suppplemtary map file should be.

I had to create my own Map folder in the root directory. After that works already.

Thanks

prototype_x0

Postby prototype_x0 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:00 pm

yui wrote:i'm using nuvi 1350 and managed to use the gmapsupp.img by putting it into my own created "Map" folder.

At first I tried put in /Garmin/ folder with the 1 XML file, but no go. Then I put in the hidden .system file but no go also. Then I look at the .XML file in /Garmin/ folder and inside it has some details about where your suppplemtary map file should be.

I had to create my own Map folder in the root directory. After that works already.

Thanks

hey man, i face exactly the same situation. when i follow the guide, from start to end but it shows nothing in my garmin.

luckily you share this out and now its working like a charm. i just need to test it out later.

thanks man!

jw23_84

Postby jw23_84 » Sat May 25, 2013 9:28 pm

Hi all,

I think I have updated to the latest map as I have followed all the steps showing above without any error.

How do I check if I am running the latest version?

nabilishes

Postby nabilishes » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:57 pm

I tried updating my old Nuvi 255W with the latest MFM map file

In the Garmin subfolder of the device there is a gmapprom.img,gmapprom.sum, gmapprom1.img and gmapprom.sum. I transfered all this Malaysian map files into a backup folder and installed the new gmapsupp.img from the MFM installer.

When disconnect the device from the computer, my nuvi says "no detailed map that support routing. THe navi cannot be used without them"

I also checked in the map info in settings>map. The map info is also greyed out and i cant seem to click on it

Anyone can help me with this problem.Thanks

tympg
Senior Mapper

Postby tympg » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:29 am

nabilishes wrote:I tried updating my old Nuvi 255W with the latest MFM map file

In the Garmin subfolder of the device there is a gmapprom.img,gmapprom.sum, gmapprom1.img and gmapprom.sum. I transfered all this Malaysian map files into a backup folder and installed the new gmapsupp.img from the MFM installer.

When disconnect the device from the computer, my nuvi says "no detailed map that support routing. THe navi cannot be used without them"

I also checked in the map info in settings>map. The map info is also greyed out and i cant seem to click on it

Anyone can help me with this problem.Thanks

Why did you do that? Leave them where you found them.

Also, we recommend you get an SD card where you can put the MfM map (as gmapsupp,img) in a folder named "Garmin". It's safer this way in case anything untoward happens to the MfM map (corrupted file etc.).
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

nabilishes

Postby nabilishes » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:59 am

tympg wrote:Why did you do that? Leave them where you found them.

Also, we recommend you get an SD card where you can put the MfM map (as gmapsupp,img) in a folder named "Garmin". It's safer this way in case anything untoward happens to the MfM map (corrupted file etc.).

I thought if i installed malaysian map from MFM it will interfere with the pre-installed Malsingmaps since both are malaysian maps. Ill try to find an unused SD card and try installing the new maps in it,

Return to “Library”