Older Installation Guide
The easiest way to Install Garmin Mapsource.... An Idiot can do it in Seconds!!!
- Make a folder in C Drive called Garmin (C:\Garmin)
- Copy a file (any file will do, size doesn't matter too) into this C:\Garmin folder
- rename the copied file to Mapsource.exe
- Run the Garmin installer ( last released version 6.16.3 link : http://www8.garmin.com/support/download ... jsp?id=209
- Follow the onscreen instructions to install Mapsource
- Install a MfM map (note: Mapsource will not start unless there is at least one map installed)
Alternatively can also install via this procedure
Install the Garmin Training Center software Ver. 3.6.5 which by itself is a good introduction and tutorial to using Mapsource
Link : http://www8.garmin.com/support/collecti ... 9-99999-04
Once installed, download latest Mapsource update ( last released version 6.16.3 link : http://www8.garmin.com/support/download ... jsp?id=209
Lastly install a MFM map (note: Mapsource will not start unless there is at least one map installed)
1. Download Mapsource Registry Script
<-- Right-click and then select "Save link as" or "Save Target As"
2. Double-click on the script (mapsource.reg) to run it. Click "Yes" when the dialog message appears
If that dun work, and the file came out in "mapsource.reg.txt".
Try this > In Windows Explorer, click Tools > Folder Options. Click View tab, and under Advanced Settings uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types".
3. Download Mapsource Recommended Old version 6.13.7
click here http://www.sendspace.com/file/2siza6
BUT if you prefer latest version double-click hereGarmin Mapsource
4. After installation, the message below will appear if you run Mapsource
Don't worry. It is alright. There is currently no map for Mapsource to open yet. Proceed to download and install MFM map
5. If this message appear:- "There is a problem with the My-Sin installation. Please re-install Mapsource and start MapSource again"
You need to clean the mapsource registery.
by using this toolsMapsource Fix v0.2eEdited by Antyong