[Off The Sale Rack] Garmin eTrex H + Phranc cable (Updated)

Place where members can trade their old stuffs

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is for trading of old stuffs only. NO selling of new products
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. This forum is for trading of used/open box items only. NO selling of new products
8. Malfreemaps.com (MFM) is not responsible for any transactions. Neither will MFM mediate in any dispute. Buy/sell at your own risk!
cwyap
Valued Contributor

[Off The Sale Rack] Garmin eTrex H + Phranc cable (Updated)

Postby cwyap » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:38 am

I am letting go my Garmin eTrek H which I bought back in October 2007 @ RM590 from Starlite together with a custom ordered a special communication cable (RM150) to hook up the eTrek H to my notebook so that it acts as a navigation bridge (getting a huge 15" navigation screen while driving hahaha... who can beat that?). The cable is also used to upload/download waypoints, and to download tracks logged (note that as the eTrex is not a mapping GPS it has not mapping capability, i.e. maps cannot be installed).

I am letting go of both the eTrex and Phranc cable at RM450 & I'll throw the original MapSource CD (also bought from Starlite). Just be aware that there is no more manufacturer warranty but the unit performs superbly & its firmware has been updated to the latest version (using the Phranc cable - that really expands the capability of eTrex & I have no regret forking out a fortune for it).

The eTrex H has served me very well - from jungle trekking to driving long distance (upload waypoints as beacons). And it is very well taken care of. Reason for letting go? Hehehe.. just got myself a Garmin GPSMapper 60CSx yesterday so it pretty redundant to have another GPSr at home (plus Home Minister is querying why I need so many GPS devices - my inventory 2 Garmin GPSr + 1 Columbus V900 bluetooth GPS datalogger + 1 IBT-737 bluetooth GPS :-$ ).

Prefer to deal face to face so that buyer can see and be satisfied of items before paying. Prefer location - The Weld (during weekdays 1pm - 2pm) or somewhere in KL during Saturday. Let me know if interested. Price - fixed.
Last edited by cwyap on Tue May 12, 2009 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Courage is not living without fear.
Courage is being scared to death and doing the right thing anyway.
- Chae Richardson

cwyap
Valued Contributor

[No Longer For Sale] Garmin eTrex H + Phranc cable (Updated

Postby cwyap » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:40 am

Hmm... no interested party? :-k

Well, perhaps those who are interested can name a price & let's see if I can part with the setup without feeling the pain. :mrgreen:

Cheers.
Courage is not living without fear.
Courage is being scared to death and doing the right thing anyway.
- Chae Richardson

Return to “Garage Sales”